1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I <3 you Glen.

·
Registered
127 Posts
it doesnt get any better than a clean simple car.....i definately like it better without the black hood whats up with the stock hood though in the first few pics

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I <3 you Glen.
aww people still remember me <3

it doesnt get any better than a clean simple car.....i definately like it better without the black hood whats up with the stock hood though in the first few pics
The hood spacers? relieves some engine bay heat. it gets real hot with the turbo in 115 degree weather

·
Registered
944 Posts
Welcome to AZ. Nice & clean turbo'd spec. I'll be turbo'd very soon! I'm in Peoria.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to AZ. Nice & clean turbo'd spec. I'll be turbo'd very soon! I'm in Peoria.
let me know if you have any trouble or questions. This is the 3rd Sentra I turbo'd. First 2 I helped with, and this one I did by myself in my garage. It gets easier every time.

·
Registered
944 Posts
let me know if you have any trouble or questions. This is the 3rd Sentra I turbo'd. First 2 I helped with, and this one I did by myself in my garage. It gets easier every time.
Will do. I have about 98% of the parts i need. I'll be slowly doing little things as time allows until i get to actually putting the turbo on the car. Thanks, I will definitely be hitting you up.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been driving everyday with my turbo for over 4 months now. I drive pretty hard, too. So far, I have had no issues. A couple loose manifold bolts, (the hard to reach ones), and tune drift, are all I had to deal with. The car runs just as good as it has every day for the last 5 years and 4 months and 62k miles. Not one hard start, not one hiccup.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out some things I can do next. I want to go faster because race car. I wanted to tune with uprev, upgrade coilovers, and get a 3" dp, mp, cutout, and open dump. Those plans are put on hold because my wife is pregnant. I have to buy stuff for the house. She's going to be a stay at home mom, (also has a 5 year old), so I won't be able to buy all that stuff for now. Mortgage, bills, blah blah blah...

So, i'm trying to think of cheap mods for my car. I drive my car everyday for work, cruising around, and errands when not with the family. I never use my a/c, never use my radio, and don't care about power steering. Our 2012 se-r is the family car, so this car can be torn apart. My plans:

Replace front seats. These ones have airbags, so they're heavy. Anyone know of cheap seats?
Remove a/c. easy
Remove power steering. Is there a how-to somewhere on this? Also, will I have to have a bracket with a pulley made to replace the ps pump for the belt?
Remove any other unnecessary parts. I got rid of a bunch of crap so far like sound deadening material behind panels and under carpet, speakers, radio, washers and reservoir, foglights, plastics under the car, etc. What else can I get rid of? I'd also get rid of everything that has to do with airbags and abs if the weight adds up to anything worthwhile.
Remove sunroof. I have to find someone who can make something like this. BMW E36 Sunroof Delete

I'm also having trouble resetting my fuel trims. I had the battery unplugged for a couple days twice. Still hasn't reset. I'm removing like 30% fuel to stay around 11 afrs. I gotta reset it. Someone told me to unplug the maf, then start it, then clear the code and plug it in. I'll try that when I have the time to retune.

·
Registered
944 Posts
2J has a sunroof delete

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Clean! I love the wheels

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
2JR has a write up for piggy back tuning devices and how to avoid tune drift.

I can port your intake manifold and TB, thats a easy 15whp gain on a turbo car for a lil over 200 bucks.
painted makes your engine compartment look good too.

it installs in a few hrs and im local.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2JR has a write up for piggy back tuning devices and how to avoid tune drift.

I can port your intake manifold and TB, thats a easy 15whp gain on a turbo car for a lil over 200 bucks.
painted makes your engine compartment look good too.

it installs in a few hrs and im local.
How long would my car be down for?

1 - 20 of 273 Posts