A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

For the first time ever I found a Spec V at a part yard in Calgary. I decided to pull the ECU and it turned out to be a K6 NATS.

I'd like to run this in my non-NATS car for some troubleshooting of a code, plus having two ECUs would be a nice bonus. Is going from non-NATS to NATS really as simple as switching pins around? I did some searches and didn't really find any "yes I've done this on my car and it works" answers.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
No. You'd need to have another key also and have the key programmed (or maybe you actually program the car to the key...I forget). And a Non NATS car is probably missing some other stuff too like whatever actually reads the chip in the key etc.

Anyway... Not the greatest idea. And you didn't find info because there isn't much reason to do it and I doubt many people have. Most people are switching the other way. You should sell that ECU to someone who needs that particular ECU and then just use that money to get yourself a Non NATS one or some other parts you need.

Regardless it was a good part to snatch. Other good stuff to grab is MAFs and coilpacks and stuff like that. And if you find a 2006 grab the ECU and cluster and pedal and all that since that's a popular swap and worth some money. 04 & 05 too maybe, but For Sure if 06

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Unfortunately it doesnt work that way, you will be missing the transponder and key to make it work. Other way around is no problem.

Local buddy here in bc has a spare 02-03 non nats, not sure if its for sale but his user name is taz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts