A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you all used as a good head gasket for high compression set up. also should I look into head bolts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just finished my high comp,build. So far so good. Arp bolts all around with cometic .051 head gaske
.051 thickness and standard bore is C4615-051

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Can I ask what mods you did to complete the build? I am curious what I need to make it work well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
  • QR20 pistons, stock rods shot peened. B15 Rotating assembly balanced.
  • King Crank and Rod bearings
  • .051 cometic Head Gasket
  • JWT 7.2k rpm valve springs
  • Jim Wolf Technology C1 Camshafts
  • 13lb flywheel
  • Head has mild port job – did myself
  • Brand new 330cc Injectors(Bought from 2jRacing. Apparently OE was 330CC)
  • Upgraded 255LPH fuel pump
  • Upgraded to newer style MAF sensor
  • 3inch intake tub with MAF plate
  • Nissan Rogue Intake Manifold with port matched manifold plate.
  • UEL header from 2J racing
  • 3inch Stromung exhaust with Vibrant 3inch resonator
  • 2 11inch Spal fans
  • Two 190degree thermostats
Had to drop the engine 1/4 inch for manifold to clear the hood lolol. Raised strut bar and barely had to move the hood. But it worked lolol i was supa motivated to make it fit lmaoo
Trying to get this tuned is another problem. Peeps dont like nissans using rom raider. Theyll ask for uprev all the time. Since mines an old ass 2002, i am not,updating the ecu and harness
Found some things used here and there to keep cost down.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am very impressed. this is very similar to the set up that I am planning on running. Are you going to run an SAFC? I have been thinking about ROM Raider as well. Mine is a 2003.

Also I am curious on the B15 balanced assembly, is that something you paid for or did you DIY.

I am trying to do my build for under or around 2k, car included...paid 700 for the car and 250 for the QR20 so I got 950 in so far...have to buy some other parts as well but I think its doable but the cams and the tuning are my biggest hurdle.

Do you have any HP numbers or 1/4 miles times? I am really curious as to how yours turns out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im doing Rom raider to tune igntion and fuel etc. Plus increased redline to 7k. I hit 7k yesterday, it was awesome lol.
My friend had a connection for the balancing at a machine shop. So ive been waiting for a bill since march before the rona happened. Ill post when i get it.
Do note, when u bolt the tranny to the qr20 block, ur gonna have to tap a bolt out in the block for the bell housing. Be careful.
I had a 3k budget but then I found out that i was cheaping out on some stuff i didnt want too.plus things like brakes, calipers, steering rack, Overall, i got the car for free, i spent about 5k. Not including some tools that ive always wanted before but never needed them. I coulda have went turbo, but didnt want to deal with anything extra. Next proj i will.
Im tuning for daily 93 octane. After i get dyno-ed then im going straight to the track im very curious too lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was more so thinking of rebuilding my qr25 and just pulling the pistons out of the qr20.

There are a few items exempt from the budget requirements of the build restrictions of the grassroots 2000 challenge typically its safty parts like brakes (close to stock)and and rotating assemblies flywheels etc.

i am looking forward to hearing how rom raider works for you.
once I compete in the challenge then I can go all out with it. I just gotta get through the challenge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The engine that it had overheated bad on the NJ turnpike at the hands of my cousin lol. Like over heated,turned it off, turned it on overheated turned it off like 10 times to get home so i had to use that block and head lol.
The qr20 pistons acutally were slighty out of round as per the machine shop.
So i ended getting some from dubai on ebay. They were pretty legit and came with rings too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts