A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about lowering my 2015 SR, but some suspension kits appear to be quite expensive. I don't want to go cheap and low-quality because the goal is to lower the G's felt when turning and, of course, to improve the car's appearance.

Also, does anyone know of any other parts that would make the ride smoother and let me to spin somewhat faster without experiencing the roll?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Lower the g's? stiffening the suspension with coilovers increases rigidity and as such (when set up correctly) makes the car hold more g's in a corner...

If you want a smoother ride, dont lower it. Get a smaller rim and a bigger sidewall tire. This will absorb more of the road surface.

The b17 is a soft ride as it is.

If your lowering the car just to make it look better, but want it to drive like its on a cloud, don't lower it. You will not get both.

Here is a photo of a customers b17 lowered 1.25" on BC Coilovers;
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
593 Posts
Godspeed parts a horrible. They are cheap as can be. It is very rare that lowering springs alone will help the vehicle handle any better than stock. Its a mental thing for sure. There is plenty of testing and data to support this. Race cars dont run lowering springs. For a reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Godspeed parts a horrible. They are cheap as can be. It is very rare that lowering springs alone will help the vehicle handle any better than stock. Its a mental thing for sure. There is plenty of testing and data to support this. Race cars dont run lowering springs. For a reason.
Very cheap, but now I don't have body roll and it's fun to drive, the less suspension travel is very noticeable. The compromises are known, but I'm very happy with the springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts