A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly, there are only 2 of these motors currently built and i think 2 more that are in various stages of build in the past few years.
I do find that kind of strange considering that having such a long stroke is one of the major, well-known problem areas of this motor. You would think someone would have came out with it a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
well it isnt everything you think it is. you lose a ton of the TQ that you normally have, spend more money and you cant just buy parts anywhere.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
you arent going to "gain " hp by doing this you just gain usable rpm band. with my setup i had roughly 5 grand worth of full boost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you arent going to "gain " hp by doing this you just gain usable rpm band. with my setup i had roughly 5 grand worth of full boost.
Nice! I'm looking to bring my car down to Georgia (I'm all the way up in Washington State!) to Joe at 2J-Racing in the next year-ish to have a motor build and turbo kit. All said and done it should be pushing 400 whp according to Joe. But I've been reading up on how to break past 7200 and it seems the only way to do that is through using a different crank. Oh well, 7200 is fine I suppose!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nice! I'm looking to bring my car down to Georgia (I'm all the way up in Washington State!) to Joe at 2J-Racing in the next year-ish to have a motor build and turbo kit. All said and done it should be pushing 400 whp according to Joe. But I've been reading up on how to break past 7200 and it seems the only way to do that is through using a different crank. Oh well, 7200 is fine I suppose!
just remember you don't have a honda, so you don't have to push the shit out of your engine to make real power
if anything use the 07 crank and you should safely spin it up to 7500 max with a good internal build
to try and go beyond that is suicide for the QR
and that info i got from [email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just remember you don't have a honda, so you don't have to push the shit out of your engine to make real power
if anything use the 07 crank and you should safely spin it up to 7500 max with a good internal build
to try and go beyond that is suicide for the QR
and that info i got from [email protected]
Word. I would just like the extra legs on each gear. I suppose I could do that Maxima final drive, though. Any thoughts on that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.