A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am swapping the cryo'd and wpc'd JWT springs in I decided to show the head work done by 5523 Motorsports. Using used ARP head studs to float it on the table FYI.

Just an overview of the head when I got it back, was in a bag as well.
Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gas Font Auto part

White Light Black Font Engineering
Automotive tire Electronic instrument Audio equipment Electrical wiring Gas

Out of the norm is three set screws, 1 intake side and 2 timing side:
Wood Gas Rectangle Font Circle

Font Auto part Gas Circle Silver

And the combustion chamber:
Automotive tire Art Sculpture Artifact Gas

Uses Z DLC buckets, but here is the view under the buckets and then with the springs removed:
Photograph Automotive tire Gear Font Auto part

Blue Rectangle Font Electric blue Auto part

Valves are +1 mm and SS that 5523 has made for them, they also can get +2 mm:
Plant Blue Purple Wood Gas

Automotive tire Hood Black Road surface Tread

Reactions: HotSauce

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Nothing special but the combustion chamber and through the ports to look at the valve job and Supertech valve guides.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

Fluid Material property Gas Snout Circle
Gas Circle Composite material Metal Auto part

Human body Gesture Nail Liquid Tints and shades

Liquid Fluid Gas Electric blue Water

In the event you couldn't see it, here is a close up of the aftermarket seat
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Blue Light Automotive tire Material property Rim

All together everything is new, seats, guides, valves, seals, galley plug kit and collets while I supplied the springs and retainers. I pulled this head from an Altima at the junk yard that never had the head removed from the looks of it.

I plan to do another head that I will fully strip to include guide removal, clean the intake ports of cast flash, polish the exhaust (may decide on a minor port, haven't decided) and clean the combustion chamber. If I can't get some valves made of another material then I will just have them do their +2 valves.

For S&G here is the valve springs, the cryo'd and wpc'd spring and retainer is on the left. Not sure if the wpc finish is visible in the image.
Household hardware Automotive tire Nickel Gas Rim

The untreated springs are going to be installed in the head that is in the car replacing the 2J springs and retainers.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Thats nice the wpc treatment is super small to see. I treated all the crank bearings. Wish luck you ya

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my back up head/ head for the sleeved block so this one is going to sit for a little while. I will probably send the sleeved block to get built and they will need the head for it as well.

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have to look for the statement or the paid invoice, looking at the email with the quote the other day and around $3k or less.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Change up, I originally paid $2505 up front for the majority or something don't remember and later paid another $765 so $3270 and I supplied the cams and springs so take that for what its worth.

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
9k as far as I am concerned....maybe more....don't know.

Not worried about heat right now but I might actually clean up the ports later if I get some tools.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Dang I think I paid way less than that. But the WPC looks to be promising.

Just a light buff is all you would need.

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was during the some supply and tariff stuff as well as covid, at the same time no one else that had head work done stated that they was getting new seats, only valve jobs.

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the cams support 8400.... plan on having 9k available even if i don't use it but for now N/A until the S/C gets fully installed.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I was wondering who's QR they have been posting about lately

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Going to start with a 95mm pulley, 110 is their largest, I shouldn't get anywhere near its max impeller speed. Honda kits are also a thing.

Reactions: silvabullit

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
are you using the stock rod length? 9k in a stock QR is ultra crazy fast piston speed. even with forged internals it's probably not recommended. I'm sure you've seen these articles and know what I'm eluding to.

here's a refresher

1 - 20 of 24 Posts