A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just bought my 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec-V 6-speed. All stock minus the wheels and headlight/tail lights. 112k miles, runs great (now).
Had to deal with the Camshaft Position Sensor issue second day I had it though. Lots of fun, found out the black and green wires to the connector got reversed with someone's attempt to fix it and the sensor it's self was OEM. Not too fond of wiring but it's not stalling anymore.
Other than that fun stuff, it's running great and I'm so glad to have changed it up from my D21 hardbody. (She was slow but so reliable)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Which parts of CA are you at?

Also read up on the precat and butterfly issues. If you take care of those, the car is reliable.
I'm out in the desert near the Joshua Tree National Park.
Yeah I just read through that tonight, scary thing to read after just buying it. But I checked the recalls with my VIN and there are no open ones. I plan on checking the butterfly's myself asap, me and my coworker noticed the pre-cat is brand new, just waiting for my heated o2 to clear from the monitors to smog it. Then I'm most likely getting the 2J Medusa headers, then just reverting for smog. CA smog needs to ditch the visual portion, it's counter intuitive.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
There is a nismo header with a giant cat on it (most people gut it) I always recommend to Cali peeps. It looks good, makes power and keeps the refs at bay.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm out in the desert near the Joshua Tree National Park.
Yeah I just read through that tonight, scary thing to read after just buying it. But I checked the recalls with my VIN and there are no open ones. I plan on checking the butterfly's myself asap, me and my coworker noticed the pre-cat is brand new, just waiting for my heated o2 to clear from the monitors to smog it. Then I'm most likely getting the 2J Medusa headers, then just reverting for smog. CA smog needs to ditch the visual portion, it's counter intuitive.
I took a Computer Science programming class at CMC.

·
6,732 Posts
There is a nismo header with a giant cat on it (most people gut it) I always recommend to Cali peeps. It looks good, makes power and keeps the refs at bay.
Not really gonna pass visual inspection if the smog tech is a stickler. Will pass the obd2 readout though. Most just swap to stock to attract less attention to them.

·
6,732 Posts
Nope. If it looks aftermarket, they look for the carb sticker and EO exemption number. If the smog guy is actually doing his job, he will look up the EO number and actually match it to the part installed on the car, down to the color of the filter (for CAI). Yea they get real anal around here. The nismo also don't have the tabs to install the heatshield so that's a dead give away that it's aftermarket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts