A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have 02 nissan sentra se-r spec v w/ 76k miles on it now, this car blows white smoke on start up, and while accel. cuts out at 3500 and barely runs and blows blueish smoke, this car also has the temp gauge fluxuating pretting funky up and down up and down, but oil temp stays constant 175ish-190 never overheats oil temp wise, the shop that has it now says they cant pinpoint the problem w/o tearing head off, but they think it's the head gasket, my solution, is to just rebuild engine bore it 20 over get heads machined down and get new gasket kit, while i have it all apart i plan on replacing clutch w/ stage 3 clutch from horsepowerfreaks.com and i've tried to find an upgraded ignition system for this car but having no luck

if anyone could give any advice i would appreciate it, or if you think i'm traveling in the right path with this car please let me know, i plan on adding turbo next summer, then prolly alcohal shots the following summer as well as do a few exterior/interior upgrades along the way, any feedback is apprecated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dam sorry to hear. White smoke = Coolant, may be head gasket. Blue Smoke = Oil. Others will chime in soon man. But welcome! :)
well i'm thinking the white smoke at start up is the coolant from the interanal gasket leak, and then when i get to 3500 theres no compression so the fuel isnt buring, hince the blueish smoke,

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
if fuel wasn't burning it would be black smoke, blue smoke is oil your pits rings might be on there way out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts