A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i need to replace my High pressure a/c line but was told i should just replace the low pressure as well. so i plan on doing both, but does anyone have any experience with the replacement? i cant seem to find a good tutorial.

·
6,535 Posts
Yes. If you don't vacuum the system after you close it up, you might have the icing problem. The icing problem basically will give you no a/c even if the system is fully charged. Also you need to replace each o-ring at each connection you replace along with the dryer that's next to the condenser.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
@MoltenNismo if my low pressure line has a leak and i'm pretty sure (not 100%) that the freon is out. Can i just replace the line/orings and take it to a place to have it evacuated (if necessary) and recharged?

·
6,535 Posts
Does your line have that dirt/grime stuck where the metal line is crimped on the rubber line? If so, you are leaking from there. That's the most common place on the low pressure line to have a leak from. I say replace the whole line and yes you can replace it if you have no freon left in there. Just remember there will be pressure in there so be careful. R134A, albeit it better than R12, still can destroy ozone, just fyi. You also would want to replace the dryer. There's a desiccant in there that sucks up moisture as soon as you crack the system open and if filled up, you may end up with the icing problems as well. After everything is done, you can get it vacuumed and refilled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts