A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a direct port set up for my spec-v on a stock but new block.

Not sure if I should do a wet or dry system? I was thinking i should do a dry set up but am wondering how or what I have to do to my fuel delivery system to accommodate the punch of nitrous...I am using a SAFC II to tune but will i need bigger injectors ect..?

Looking to run anything from 10-15 (mabey 20) shot per cylinder.

My timing was advanced by nissan do I have to reset it to stock? Could I just run colder plugs? ..What would I gap them to??

I would prefer to do a direct port set up so it shots evenly per cylinder and it's easier to tune. I was thinking of doing a dry set-up but again what else would need to be upgraded fuel wise?

I'm still in the dark on how to set it up but I have people that will teach me how to use it. Any info or links will be appreciated !!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
dry setups are for ls1s. you dont even need to look into it.

gap your colder plugs to .035-.032. you should probably start with a regular wet kit before you try your hand at direct port.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm not looking for a big hit just a little more boost out of the engine. I know I'll be spending more going direct port but I like the idea of every cylinder getting an even hit.

I'll be keeping this car for as long as i can...it will be my dedicated track car so I don't wanna kill the engine and be able to leave it alone for as long as I can...so im not looking for a big boost just a little more get up and go past 3200rpm

If I did a dry set-up around a 10 shot per cylinder would the stock injectors be more then enough or would i upgrade to be safe and anything else need to be upgraded in the fuel delivery area. And what if I ran a 20 shot per cylinder...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would I do dry or wet direct port?!?! Shit... I'm doing this lol you only live once. I'm not gonna turbo my sentra but this will show up some stangs :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Run a wet system, b c on a dry system ur motor relies on ur computer to shoot more fuel into the motor and if it dont send enough fuel on Boom you will shopping for another qr25..... And be sure to put a window switch in case u miss a gear or over rev it wont blow it up.

I wouldnt go no more than a 75 shot.

thats what i have on mine:D:D:D

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel that a dry system would be cleaner but yes i would be relying on the computer to add the fuel needed...
I'll only do a 40-60 shot and if i do go dry it will be a "pita" to do more so i just couldn't. saving my engine in the long run.
So its coming down to a ZEX direct port since it seems they are the only company spending money on R&D...NOS doesn't seem to be doing much. NX was my runner up since I've always heard good things.
Wet or Dry....

Dry Pro's: cleaner set up, less lines.seems cleaner to shot into the manifold without fuel.
Dry Con's: needs fuel controller...( how many times has a SAFC really failed?? its from Japan!)

Wet Pro's: reliable(er) seems like it should be... Cannn upgrade to higher numbers if wanted to (but wont on stock engine)
Wet Con's: more lines, tapping into fuel. shoots fuel in manifold. seems messy.

This is what my brain is working with Please Help!! What would B15U do??

Again I'm leaning to a dry shot 40-60 MAX! Im gonna start with a 40 (10 shot per cylinder) so my SAFC II should be able to pump out enough fuel. I am considering upgrading the injectors. Don't think i need to change anything else. maybe a new filter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel that a dry system would be cleaner but yes i would be relying on the computer to add the fuel needed...
I'll only do a 40-60 shot and if i do go dry it will be a "pita" to do more so i just couldn't. saving my engine in the long run.
So its coming down to a ZEX direct port since it seems they are the only company spending money on R&D...NOS doesn't seem to be doing much. NX was my runner up since I've always heard good things.
Wet or Dry....

Dry Pro's: cleaner set up, less lines.seems cleaner to shot into the manifold without fuel.
Dry Con's: needs fuel controller...( how many times has a SAFC really failed?? its from Japan!)

Wet Pro's: reliable(er) seems like it should be... Cannn upgrade to higher numbers if wanted to (but wont on stock engine)
Wet Con's: more lines, tapping into fuel. shoots fuel in manifold. seems messy.

This is what my brain is working with Please Help!! What would B15U do??

Again I'm leaning to a dry shot 40-60 MAX! Im gonna start with a 40 (10 shot per cylinder) so my SAFC II should be able to pump out enough fuel. I am considering upgrading the injectors. Don't think i need to change anything else. maybe a new filter.

I would go with thr wet shot just to be safe
but its ur decision ya kno good luck with ur system lemi kno how it comes out

·
Registered
547 Posts
you seriously need to quit asking about a dry shot. like really...just stop it. do the wet like everyone says and save money and single nozzle it.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
do a dry shot then when we see a post about you blowing motor and we slap the shit out of it don't say it was not said....All because you have to run like 2 or 3 less lines less to take out when your pull your motor though good idea

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you're going to do direct port, do it correctly - please do a wet setup. This dry shot is NOT a good idea; no matter how "small" of a shot it is. As everyone else posted in here said, you're more likely to blow your motor that way.

The cheaper, proven method is to do a single fogger. I understand your reasoning behind wanting to do direct port so the cylinders get a precise, even shot. However, a 50 shot or so is small in the grand scheme of things. It really will not matter.

In short, get the dry fogger thing out of your head. Now.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Yeah it isnt even too.difficult.to.tap the fuel line (just finished my setup)

A dry shot wasnt even an.option when I was shopping for my kit

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeaa Im gonna do it like a pussy "Wet"...LoL

It is safer and I'll the nitrous works with the fuel so its always shooting the right amount.

ZEX kit I am going direct port, I'll have the car forever so a little bit more now will save me down the road.

Like to have a progressive shot. What would be a recommended rpm and shot?

Thanks for the help campodres

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Anywhere from 35 to 75 is a good shot 75 seems.to be a good max shot

Do you have a spare manifold to do the direct ports?
Thats gonna be alot of plumbing lok

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
A dry shot will require tuning to the fuel tables.... definitely need to have your timing set back to 2deg retarded from stock. I am running a 75~85 shot and it makes a lot of heat even with the timing retarded. if you are only gonna run a total of a 40 shot direct port is gonna be a waist of time and money. Ive been running a 75~85 shot for 2.5 years now and I've probably been through 50+ refills of a 10lbs bottle with no motor problems. I have been able to do this because I tuned it correctly by using the right fuel jets and retarding the timing as per the nitrous kit instructions. These people know what they are doing and I hope you will read all the instructions and not skim over it. there is a lot of good info in there. To be honest the single fogger distributes fine as per pulling and reading plugs. direct port is too much trouble for such a small shot. You obviously haven't looked into it too much because NOS is developing new stuff. They recently (within the last few years) released the pressure on demand system. It does sound like you are looking to buy a name brand kit and not some ebay crap. That is good. There is a lot of info on nitrous out there and here may not be a great place to get it, simply because we have so few nitrous users here and as far as I know no one is using over a 100 shot. take your time and do it right and you will be smiling from ear to ear for a long time

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually do prefer the NOS brand for some reason, the fast and the furious has still got me.
The most knowledgeable guy I am talking with about the set up is the shop I'm buying it from, not my regular guy but he's dealt with nitrous since I was a kid. He just mentioned that NOS nor Holly brand weren't to active. .

These are the two I'm looking at. I believe they are both wet kits.
Holley Performance Products Sportsman Fogger Nitrous System*05030-FINOS -NOS
ZEX? 4 Cylinder EFI Direct Port Nitrous System - EFI - Direct Port - Universal Systems - Nitrous Systems -ZEX

1 - 20 of 102 Posts