A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Should explain more like how old the oil is that's on the head cause looks like its spitting oil out take the valve cover off and look

- - - Updated - - -

Did u try to save money and re use all the seals

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
take it off, scrape all the old shit off so you have a smoothe surface, get a new gasket and torque the bolts down in the right order

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would take the valve cover off but i know nothing about mechanics so i dont wanna mess my car up any further.

no. but i guess the guy reused the seals during the rebuild

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
well either take it back to whoever did it and tell them they owe you a new valve cover gasket and an oil change. or if this isnt your only car locate some auto parts store find a haynes manual a torque wrench if you have tools and do it yourself. shouldnt be too hard.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i would take the valve cover off but i know nothing about mechanics so i dont wanna mess my car up any further.

no. but i guess the guy reused the seals during the rebuild
Its very easy. But I wouldn't take it back to ur mechanic obviously he must be a honda guy cause there the only I people I know that would do something like re use. Gaskets

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
check your oil levels and take it to a shop to replace the cover seal. The seal is probably 20$ish and labor not much, maybe an hours worth. not sure what fukrs charge by the hour nowadays 80$?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should explain more like how old the oil is that's on the head
the oil was never changed , i was going to change it next week . BUT that oil has been there ever since it got rebuilt which was 6+ months ago probably evena year a go ... dont really take it out since it has no insurance and it need a little more fixing here and there.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
it should be as simple as pull the ign. coils on top of your car(label them so you dont get them mixed up) remove all hoses attached to the valve cover and losen to bolts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the oil was never changed , i was going to change it next week . BUT that oil has been there ever since it got rebuilt which was 6+ months ago probably evena year a go ... dont really take it out since it has no insurance and it need a little more fixing here and there.
Its nothing serious as long u get it fixed and not drive it but ur mechanic screwed u go to autozone and get a manual or just google which bolts need to come off and on first. But its very easy u can do it urself

·
Registered
5,615 Posts

No insurance either? :facepalm: you got issues *****

·
Registered
895 Posts
its an sr20de so no coil packs. I don't even think its the whole cover that's leaking. just pull it off and put a little dab of rtv where the seal goes over the cams. that's where they leak the most.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
naw im just gonna go to the mechanic and replace the cover , he's about 30 miles away . just wondering if you guys think its ok to drive it over there .

+ what other stuff should i replace that people usually replace when they do a job like this?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts