A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a question for you guys and would appreciate any help given...
im interested in buying a 240sx with a blacktop sr20det swap but it doesnt run right... it sounds like missfiring and sometimes die at idle... when i unplug the first injector it runs the same but if i unplug any other injector it dies... does that sound like the injector or the plug??? or is it something more serious... also is it safe to drive it home like that "about 30mins away from my house"

also if it is the injectors, i would be switching it out for the stock injectors until i can buy new ones... would it be safe to run it until i can get teh 550cc injectors... thats what its tuned for right now??

· Registered
295 Posts
If you unplugged an injector and it had no effect on the idle than that would point to a problem in that cylinder. It can either be the injector OR the spark plug. More testing is needed to pinpoint the problem.

If you need new injectors, don't drive until you get the right ones, you'll risk running lean and blowing the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.