A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the infamous loctite butterfly intake screw. Started off fine but sometimes sitting at idel it will dip to 700 and continue to increase decrease around there. All vacuum locations are quadruple checked. Only thing is o ring broke on intake mainfold pcv output so I just put hondabond and made a gasket.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
130 Posts
I'm assuming you have a 2.5l with my response, that being said... I've found that anytime you mess around with the intake and related components it seems to affect idle in one way or another. Do the idle relearn. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. I've had similar issues in the past like this.

·
6,683 Posts
Yup do the idle relearn. Also did you change out the IM gaskets? You can also try spraying brake clean into parts after the maf to see if you have any leaks.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
If you disconnected the throttle body, it loses its memory. I do anything to not disconnect it because its a real whore.

Should always use a new gasket if you ever break one loose.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the relearn multiple times. I said screw it and took the upper off again. Ordered a new gasket.
Im thinking it's the Oring where I put hondabond. I asked Nissan and they wanted me to buy a intake mainfold. Tried some autozone one and it worked a little bit, but still leaked and wasnt silicone.

·
6,683 Posts
Yea I ended up filling up the plastic adapter with silicone and sealed it. Then I replaced the line going to the PCV. That O ring is no where to be seen in the parts catalog, hence they want you to buy a new manifold. It's stupid.

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
If you disconnected the throttle body, it loses its memory.
Never had that happen to me, nor can I recall that being an issue if I did unplug it when still connected to the battery, granted it was when power was off.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Ive always read especially during the B16 intake manifold swap that if you disconnect the tb, you almost have to relearn it. I only unbolted and did not unplug thus I never had to relearn. Battery connected. It doesnt seem to matter if the battery dies, if its unplugged, it changes. I even sent out the ecu for a few days for an uprev tune and I didnt have to relearn even tho it broke up under load for a few miles at first. Coincidence? I also understand thats part of the harness but Ill take it. I hate to take any chances trying to relearn that pos tb procedure. This is just my experience.

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
What ever works, I just did relearns when needed... any changes to the manifold by either volume change or part swap, I may just pull the plug and see what happens just to refresh myself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: So the car works perfect, can go through drive thrus and all. I was confident in my work and just drove it alot. One day the ideal started staying consistent and now Everything good. Now its time to find that queek

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
So what did you do? Relearned idle and/or learned over time?

Queek.. That word geeks me out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After making the initial post I relearned 2 or 3 times and it still was the same, good idel but randomly drop. I said screw it and kept driving the thing after. After about 60 miles on highway and city, normal driving, it just started working better. Now about a month later, its running nice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts