A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
All right, after dropping the tranny due to a delay as my quick jack shit an o-ring I had to go old school... I'm doing a post for each "section" of image review.

The friction discs have a lot of life left on them...such a disappointment...
Automotive tire Wood Rim Gas Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Wood Tire Rim Automotive wheel system
Wood Coin Musical instrument Currency String instrument
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Wood

·
Administrator
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I did find the issue I think, I can feel and see the amount of materiel that is gone but not sure if it can be made out in the image. I feel as though if that is the reason then they need some better material treatment.
Automotive tire Hood Light Motor vehicle Tread
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread

·
Administrator
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Now to the good side of this bad side, Doing really good for the time I was driving but eventually there was going to be a repeat of that I showed in the OP.

The clutch splines:
Rim Gas Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Circle
Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part Alloy wheel Rim

And the input splines:
Automotive lighting Automotive design Gas Plumbing Machine tool
Water Eye Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Luckily I have another tranny to throw in the car, and I still have the Maxima's gear set to throw into a spec housing but sadly that is it for my TD fun time until I/we get a hardened input shaft as Nissan no longer has them available to order.

Now I am going to find a clutch to pair with the 2J 9lb flywheel so I can get the car back on the road before next weekend hopefully.

Reactions: Sus Spec

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Dam yeah its only because the hub of the disk is forced to have a small surface area per disc to fit. You would have to look into a forged input shaft.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts