A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks into owning my b15 and someone hits my driver side mirror. i get off from work and i find it hanging by the wire.....

i briefly looked online for a replacement part and i saw that heated mirrors aren't that much more
http://www.carid.com/2006-nissan-sentra-mirrors/tyc-side-mirrors-10776352.html#product-details-tab
so i figured this is a good opportunity to convert both sides to heated mirrors

1. i briefly googled this idea and i think i read that it was possible. if it is possible, is there a step-by-step guide on how? but keep in mind that i'm 200% noob so guide needs to be "b15 for dummies"
2. the ones i linked are only heated, power but non-folding. where can i find heated, power, folding?
3. is it possible to get/install heated, power, folding, with turn signal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i googled a bit more and i read that heated mirrors is just plug-n-play and gotta have the right fuse? is this true? it wasn't really 100% confirmed

·
Registered
69 Posts
you can add in your own circuit completely. wire, fuse holder, switch... honestly not to many parts. If no one else gets to this today Ill write something up for you tonight.

Oh hell, heres a simplified way. Mind you Im in my office and my car is out in the parking lot so I cant give exact specifics, but it should be close...

Wire from batt+ to a fuse with in 10 inches....
batt+fuse to source on a 30amp relay (post 30)
ground relay(post 85)
pull defrost button from panel and use a DMM to to find what wire goes hot when def is turned on.
wire from hot side of def switch to trigger on relay. (post 86)
outputs from relay to individual heated mirrors (post 87. Most generic relays will have two posts. One for each side.)
ground heated mirrors

Like I said, simplistic, generic, but should be just fine for your application. you can find the generic 30 amp relays in your local auto parts store in teh lights section. they are commonly used for adding things like new driving lights and such.

Relay diagram...

relay_for_remote.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts