A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have search but could not find anything about how to remove the plenum. Is there something i should look for o something important to do first. I have to test my injectors i think one of them is dead.

·
6,695 Posts
Download the FSM and it will tell you everything you really need to know.

If you just look at it, it's pretty self-explanatory. Just start removing bolts.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
There are 2 12mm nuts on the ends of the plenum. and 4 12 mm bolts if I recall correctly. And make sure you remove the PCV valve. two 10mm bolts I think. And don't forget to undo the vacuum block, and the vacuum line under the plenum that goes to something. I removed my strut bar also to get easier access to it also. There is also a bracket on the tranny side. Two bolts for that too, unless it's missing one like my car was.

It's really quite simple to remove. Did mine and did the butterfly screws in like an hour.

That is just removing the upper intake manifold, but you may need to remove it to get the entire thing off, or at least it would be easier to get to the bolts holding the lower intake off. Well for the fuel rail I think all you need to take off is the plenum part of it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
you can hold a ratchet/screwdriver/whatever up to the injector and put your ear on it. i was sceptical at first but you can clearly here the injector opening and closing this way over top all the other engine noise.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
you can hold a ratchet/screwdriver/whatever up to the injector and put your ear on it. i was sceptical at first but you can clearly here the injector opening and closing this way over top all the other engine noise.
Same trick with wheel bearings and a screwdriver.

Reason being is sound waves travel faster through metal so you can hear them clearer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts