A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time using this forum and I'm excited to see how the community is. I have a 2006 Sentra 1.8 liter manual transmission and soon I am going to be tackling a evaporator change and maybe a condenser change. I think I have most of the actually process of changing it figured out and am about to order the parts and a vacuum pump and gauge to recharge the system after. I will also be ordering refrigerant and oil for the system. Getting to my actually question, is there a way to remove all the oil in the system and just add the proper amount back? if not how much oil should I add if I just change the evaporator?

Also just wanted to get an opinion on the vacuum pump and gauge I want to order.
https://www.amazon.com/XtremepowerUS-Vacuum-Refrigeration-Manifold-Gauge/dp/B00SZ4QFW0

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
6,560 Posts
Unfortunately, not all oil can be removed unless you're really replacing all the lines and other AC equipment like the evap, expansion valve, etc. The FSM list down recommendations on how much oil to add if a certain part is replaced to prevent over filling of the oil.

ac.png

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, not all oil can be removed unless you're really replacing all the lines and other AC equipment like the evap, expansion valve, etc. The FSM list down recommendations on how much oil to add if a certain part is replaced to prevent over filling of the oil.

View attachment 116265
Thankyou so much. So since I had a leak I will replace 1 oz and then I'm changing the evaporator so another 3.5 so I should add a total of 4.5 FL oz right?

·
6,560 Posts
Depending on your leak I suppose. If you had tons of caking (dirt and oil) around the hoses then yes I'd do 4.5. If not, then I'd do 3.5-4.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depending on your leak I suppose. If you had tons of caking (dirt and oil) around the hoses then yes I'd do 4.5. If not, then I'd do 3.5-4.
I guess I'll just have to decide once I get into the dash and see the leak. I have getting the dash mostly figured out but there wouldn't happen to be any good step by step guides would there?

·
6,560 Posts
Not really. The FSM lays it out pretty well. It is easy but very tedious. Just keep all screws/bolts together and labeled and you should be able to get it out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really. The FSM lays it out pretty well. It is easy but very tedious. Just keep all screws/bolts together and labeled and you should be able to get it out pretty quickly.
Thanks I haven't actually looked at the FSM. Is it online?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm wondering if anyone knows if I need PAG 46 or PAG 100 oil. I can't find a definitive answer but I am leaning towards PAG 100.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts