A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When my clutch was installed, it was noted my catch can was full of a watery oil, and weird yellow stuff.

It's been 2.5 weeks since then, so I figured I would take another look. My catch can was half full, with what looks like water almost. It's thin and has the consistency of water, with a little brown color. Then there is this thick goo/paste everywhere too.

I was curious what kind of junk people were finding in their catch cans, how often they clean them out, and how are you cleaning this stuff?

This is what I found:

I went ahead and poured some seafoam into the can and shook it up, dumped it out, poured some more, shook it up, and dumped it out. Doesn't really look like it did a whole lot, but I did get more of the goo stuff out.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
It's condensation. Kinda goes hand in hand with having a can, I got a rather large catch can on mine and i didn't drain it all winter while the car was sitting in the garage, opened up the drain a couple weeks ago and the thing was almost FULL of water. No need to worry bout this "stuff" happening in your engine tho just keep the CC drained and you'll be good

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
I get the same gunk in my home depot special cc. Going to be upgrading to a Saikou Michi can before the s/c goes back on though... only downside is I don't have a vacuum source to pull blowby through the cc, so the other end just vents to atmosphere. I'd probably get a lot more crap if I did.

Sammy, your pcv is gutted correct?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You could throw it in an ultrasonic cleaner for about an hour. If you have the time, go for longer. If not, 15 minutes will get most of the big shit off.

Go Tarheels! Go Panthers!

·
Registered
714 Posts
only downside is I don't have a vacuum source to pull blowby through the cc, so the other end just vents to atmosphere.
I wish I had found this before I got rid of my supercharger, but I have recently found a possible cheap solution to this vacuum problem. Turbo, supercharged or NA can use this trick too. I read a post on the GNX forums where they took a smog pump off an LS1 and modified it into a crankcase vacuum pump. New these go for around 100 bucks, but can be had around 15 bucks from a junkyard. Im gonna see if I can find one this weekend to go on my race car. Kinda off topic but its kind of related. Ill start a new thread on it if I can find one.

Sent from my phone. Who cares what it is. They all do it now-a-days.

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
I wish I had found this before I got rid of my supercharger, but I have recently found a possible cheap solution to this vacuum problem. Turbo, supercharged or NA can use this trick too. I read a post on the GNX forums where they took a smog pump off an LS1 and modified it into a crankcase vacuum pump. New these go for around 100 bucks, but can be had around 15 bucks from a junkyard. Im gonna see if I can find one this weekend to go on my race car. Kinda off topic but its kind of related. Ill start a new thread on it if I can find one.

Sent from my phone. Who cares what it is. They all do it now-a-days.
Please do!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts