A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am located in Toronto, Canada and drive a Nissan Sentra 2005 1.8s with 215mm wide 17" 114.3 x 4 rims and tires and i wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions for improving my kms on a full tank, right now i get 300kms-350kms per full tank with normal 195mm wide stock tires i get 330kms - 380kms, so i spend a lot of money on gas because its my daily driven car and i drive a lot to work college etc., let me know if you guys have any suggestions, thanks in advance! 1.jpg 2.jpg

·
6,560 Posts
Well, weigh out both stock and the aftermarket wheels/tires. I bet you the new ones are heavier. The heavier they are the harder it would be to turn, thus your engine is needing a bit more fuel.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
what in the world... those are 2.5 engine gas guzzling specs right there... a few questions..

how many kms on the odometer?
when was the last time you changed the spark plugs?
do you have any codes? (check engine light)
when was the last time you did an injector clean?

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
you are getting better and yous is a spec v...
Oh I wasn't comparing to this guy just putting my input in. Lol sorry! But yeah this guy should definitely be getting more

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
For the OP, this is the list of things I did to improve fuel economy.

Changed Spark Plugs,
Changed O2 Sensor,
Fuel Cleaner,
Changed Tires,
Fixed a slightly stuck caliper,
Fixed a vacuum leak.

This is so you get an idea, I know I'm missing something just can't remember right now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what in the world... those are 2.5 engine gas guzzling specs right there... a few questions..

how many kms on the odometer?
when was the last time you changed the spark plugs?
do you have any codes? (check engine light)
when was the last time you did an injector clean?

-----------------------
114000kms
I changed the spark plugs in October 2012
I haven't checked for codes
I put injector cleaner every 2 months

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My car jerks on the first gear would that be affecting anything? And I'm riding on 215mm wide tires, that might be one issue but I don't know what else could be wrong, I have started filling one grade higher fuel, all that's doing is making the car really smooth but not improving mpg

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The only accurate way to determine mileage/km per gallon is to fill tank record odo reading then fill tank again and see how many miles/km you you have driven divided by gallons used. . You have a clean air filter? Do you run ac? There are so many things you need to be more accurate in your calculations to get your mpg/kpg. Use the octane they tell you to. Wider tires create more friction took than narrow.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd be testing your o2 sensors.

If they are dead and stuck in the lean position, the Ecu would be trying to compensate by adding more fuel.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'd be testing your o2 sensors.

If they are dead and stuck in the lean position, the Ecu would be trying to compensate by adding more fuel.
even though you replaced the primary o2 if you bought the cheaper aftermarket universal type they will cause bad mileage like he said same for cheap plugs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts