A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I was out tonite just racing around in miami when i meet up with my friend and this guy is like "yo se-r, u wunna run it?" , then i look over and it looks like every other ricy civic in miami so I'm like w.e let's go. So we do a 20mph and I have an auto transmission btw, when like in third gear my gears lock up? like @ 5000 rpms it stays there like for like 5 seconds before ABRUPTLY jumping into fourth? I'm like WDF, so the civic flys by me I'm like r u serious? a 2.5L getting spanked by a STOCK 2000 civic SI? wow...Does anyone know why this happens or how to avoid this from happening? This has happened before when im not even racing...in 2nd n 3rd gear like the engine maxes oout @ 5000 rpms and just stays there like trying to forcefully shift gears like pulling foward but not shifting? until like 5 secs later is when it shifts? WTF?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright, first off, most civics down here in miami are putting out less than 180-190 hp. All most of these civics have are an intake and maybe headers. Besides most of them are 1.6 and 1.8 So they would have to spend some good money on swaps and maybe boost to be able to be decent. Obviously like I said i have auto which gives me a disadvantage but wdf, i still should NOT have lost a dam civic which was STOCK. WTF? And im guessing only one person read...my gears locked in 3rd so i doubt its the driver I mean he couldve missed a gear but 5-6 secs go a long way. I mean i would get ahead of him for like 4 secs before he shift into third and flys by.smh. Imma check out the trans fluid and what not but I SWORE i was gonna obviously take him. I mean 1.6 vs 2.5? not that hard right? And i do judge most civics by cover cuz like i said most of these hatchys and civics down here all they got is intake headers and maybe exhaust, there are very few on boost. I think imma have to get a spec v...I wanted a manual tranny from the get go but I just needed a car fast and I wanted an se-r or spec v but I found the se-r first :/ Imma go out next wednesday down to okee see what happens, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for everyone who posted on here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im 100% he was bone stock, my friend told me to take him cuz he knew we were both stock, and i doubt STOCK si's run low 7's they're 1.6L. If i had a manual tranny he wouldve had his ass handed to him, I've taken si's before in my old manual hyundai ffs. smh. Oh and as far as NOS he wasnt spraying although he had backfire which I thought was weird. I'm going to hold on to my auto se-r for a little while until I get some money from my job saved up and in about 3 months or less I'm getting a spec V. Having a powerful car with auto transmission is like putting restrictions on it, like the gears locking up -___-

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I wouldn't judge a car by the litres it has anyway. That is like saying, 'I have a 2.5L QR25, I can woop this car that has a RB24, right.'

There is a reason civics are/were the most sort after cars. They don't need alot of power to run with most cars because they are light as hell.

Now if your trans stuck on third, then get that fixed. But going by a friends advice, 'he's stock', then getting your ass handed to you on a crystal platter, should simply be accepted.

Look at the areas you can improve on and then get them back. If we never lost a race, we would never upgrade our car or driving skills.

Good point, I am not making an excuse in no way shape or form, he was a good driver with a manual civic and he whooped my ass. I'm just saying I was surprised. And that last point u made is very true man "If we never lost a race, we would never upgrade our car or driving skills"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No mods yet and I was feeling down after that loss man I felt embarassed almost...but fuck it it was a 20mph roll if it wouldve been a 40mph maybe things wouldve been different...and u saying u race with auto tranny and won some races gave me a liddo more hope in my se-r after all it is an SE-R .. long live nissan/nismo/se-r/gt-r/specs :) Oh and i almost dies yesterday cuz it was raining and my window wouldnt roll up....but thats another story...lol does anyone know if its my window motor, regulator, or just switch? my driver side window literall wont go up or down and its stuck in the middle... the motor does not sound from what i can tell? anyone had this problem? is it an easy fix? any responses will help...thanks oh and happy thanksgiving guys! lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ok thanks imma get it checked out tomorrow or saturday, well im off to spend some time with my family hope everyone has fun today and be thankful for everythin u have! including our kick ass cars ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
just to CLARIFY, i CAN redline my gears I'm just saying a couple of times they have locked up @ 5k rpms... idk why that would happen tho? like it gets stuck @ 5k then jumps into another gear and so forth but not all the timee..i think this is common for auto trannys cuz it happened in an old hyundai that i had, if i would press the gas too hard it would try to max out the rpms and get stuck for a couple of seconds... thank god i read this AFTER i had my turkey lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
no, just because u have an auto transmission, although u have a disadvantage, u wont always lose. my friend has an auto g6, and he's spanked everything from s2ks to civics and teggys.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
No one is hating on hondas. Ppl who drive and waste their time modding them are dumb. Why would u spend so much money on a CIVIC smfh. that's why ppl get their shit stolen all the time cuz they make em look all fast and furious and can't run for shit. The civic i ran was an SI. That's why he took me. If it would've been a regular civic it wouldve have been another story. The only thing worth doing to a civic is a swap other than that ur wasting ur time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.