A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
u need a man pedal.

but on some real shit, ive seen those DOHC or VTEC's n/a smack around some fast shit...they can go like 12's n/a cuz they dont weigh shit. i watched a speed6 w. probably about 300whp (was modded) get spanked by a EK, all motor, honda prolly weighed half of what the mazda did

SHivics may have a weight advantage (because they weigh about as much as a roller skate) but if you get hit by anything more than a bicyclist cruising down a side walk expect to wake up in the emergency room. lol.

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
There has to be a compromise some where.

·
Registered
204 Posts
yEA B16 are very quick reving motors on the lowend but on top they have nothing, Ive had b16 hatch pretty quick to a certain point headers ecu headlight intake and street tires 9.2 1/8 mile, also honda trannys make a big diff. ive raced many civics with b16 moded ive spaced out a few and ive only lost to type r b16.

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
Summary: Don't underestimate the civics.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
damn idk maybe its just a bad race everyone has those but personally ive spanked si's , other civics, accords, tl's, sti's and etc and my ser is an automatic...you'll never get the other car off the line if their in stick your best bet is to gun it and from what ive experienced after 50mph is when the car really takes off...so you can catch up and dust them from there

edit: what mods do you have on the car?

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
I sometimes do that.

WOT all the way and hang on for dear life.....lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I wouldn't judge a car by the litres it has anyway. That is like saying, 'I have a 2.5L QR25, I can woop this car that has a RB24, right.'

There is a reason civics are/were the most sort after cars. They don't need alot of power to run with most cars because they are light as hell.

Now if your trans stuck on third, then get that fixed. But going by a friends advice, 'he's stock', then getting your ass handed to you on a crystal platter, should simply be accepted.

Look at the areas you can improve on and then get them back. If we never lost a race, we would never upgrade our car or driving skills.

Good point, I am not making an excuse in no way shape or form, he was a good driver with a manual civic and he whooped my ass. I'm just saying I was surprised. And that last point u made is very true man "If we never lost a race, we would never upgrade our car or driving skills"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No mods yet and I was feeling down after that loss man I felt embarassed almost...but fuck it it was a 20mph roll if it wouldve been a 40mph maybe things wouldve been different...and u saying u race with auto tranny and won some races gave me a liddo more hope in my se-r after all it is an SE-R .. long live nissan/nismo/se-r/gt-r/specs :) Oh and i almost dies yesterday cuz it was raining and my window wouldnt roll up....but thats another story...lol does anyone know if its my window motor, regulator, or just switch? my driver side window literall wont go up or down and its stuck in the middle... the motor does not sound from what i can tell? anyone had this problem? is it an easy fix? any responses will help...thanks oh and happy thanksgiving guys! lol

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
Happy Thanks giving man.

The window could be anything.
Fuse, but if the other windows work, then no.
Bad motor.
Bad switch.

If you have a volt meter, check the different areas to make sure that they are getting power.
I would check the switches and motor first as sometimes water gets in and causes havoc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ok thanks imma get it checked out tomorrow or saturday, well im off to spend some time with my family hope everyone has fun today and be thankful for everythin u have! including our kick ass cars ;)

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
You don't have to scare the man...lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dont sweat it bro i got raped by a civic he had a gsr swapped eg
fully bolted and Stage 2 clutch and those 15" rims dont work in our favor either way i was smoked i have a new found respect for civics but either way the guy wouldnt run me from a stop cause he knew the deal lol u cant win em all

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
I don't think that he is.

What I am thinking is that he might have other issues with his car rather than being beat by a civic.

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
Yeh I know.

A pat on the back saying ' You'll get him next time.'

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
Don't get me wrong, if that is the issue then it could be a series of things.

Pedal sensor not opening the throttle all the way.
Transmission going.
ECU not allowing any redlines.

When I said don't scare him, I mean let him have Thanksgiving in a nice peace of mind.

We will scare him tomorrow....lol

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dont sweat it bro i got raped by a civic he had a gsr swapped eg
fully bolted and Stage 2 clutch and those 15" rims dont work in our favor either way i was smoked i have a new found respect for civics but either way the guy wouldnt run me from a stop cause he knew the deal lol u cant win em all
my buddy has a gutted gsr swapped hatch.
weighs 2100 lbs with him in it.
I raced him from a 50 roll when my car was na (he told me his car wouldnt get traction from a dig) and he walked on me.

21 - 40 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.