A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V. I just put in a brand new motor with 0miles and 3yr warranty. I also did a lot more but I put a new clutch master and slave cylinders. But now I have a slight belt squeak coming out of the trans where the mounts. Also if I try to open the car up and bang gears and get over 4000rpm when I go to shift I lose the clutch. If I stay under 4000rpm I can drive it all day no issues other then the squeak. Oh and if I press the clutch the squeak goes away. Any advice would be awesome

·
Registered
11 Posts
So sounds like you have a throw out bearing either going out, it's not installed correctly. Are you new to driving a manual trans? If not, do you dump the clutch and launch the car? Both are bad. One way to check the throw out bearing, is to fully depress the clutch pedal, if the sound goes away, then it's worn and will need to be replaced. If the sound doesn't change, then you may have a trans issue.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m 34 and been driving a manual since I was 15. I’ve owned the car over a year and I am in the process of making it as close to perfect as I can. I’m thinking of maybe buying a new Transmission altogether if this is not gonna be easy fix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts