A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask for opinions.... i have gone through 3 bottles of power steering fluid in less than a week....(i know...why da hell did i keep buying it lol) but with school and work and crap i just can not ...not ...have a car right now....

So this is my issue... when i turn right little tiny leak on my passenger side boot.

When i turn left though..... i got about 3 streams ....yes streams.... of fluid coming out near the boot towards the middle of the rack...

I guess what im looking for is the 100% hell yeah change that shit from you guys lol.

Also is this an expensive repair if i go to a mechanic or is it even possible to do if im i guess a medium level in mechanics when it comes to the sentra ..(ive had this baby for 8 years now)

Thanks for the replies!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
you would have to support the car on jack stands, along the rocker panel rails, behind the front tires, then remove the bolts from the motor mounts, and the radiator support, and the rear bolts on the x-member, midpipe exhaust support rod as well, and the x-member will drop right out, then go to work on the rack, remove outer tie rod ends, power steering fluid lines, clamp on steering column, and it should drop right out. dont forget to put something under the power steering lines to catch any fluid that drains out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts