A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin to buy another spec, very soon! i have my eye on one but we'll see if he works with me a little bit. but for rite now i wanna find another one. willing to pay 5k or a little more if its a good deal. so hit me up with wacha got.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well right now i still have my 04, but i gotta let it go back because they ripped my when i bought it. my payments r too high for my income now and i owe too much. but i have my eye on an 03. wat should i look out for?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Ah, I see.

The 02-03 are a little more prone to head gasket failure, but most don't have the issue. The main things are the pre-cat in the stock header tends to break up in the QR's when reved high, get's sucked in, scars the cylinder walls, and the engine starts consuming oil. It eventually dies.

The other issue is the butterfly screws tend to come loose, get sucked in, scar the cylinder walls, and the engine starts consuming oil. It eventually dies. Lol

There is a thread on these basics somewhere I know, it goes in depth. Basically you need to get an aftermarket header, and use some lock tite on those screws to keep them in and for the most part you will be golden.

A couple of hints that the car has already taken a beating and is on it's way out is white/blue continues smoke coming out the exhaust under hard acceleration, oil consumption (something like a quart or more every 3k miles or so), or un normal compression. If you're set on this car you're looking out, have a compression test done to it before you buy it. All cylinders should be at 180 +-20.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ah, I see.

The 02-03 are a little more prone to head gasket failure, but most don't have the issue. The main things are the pre-cat in the stock header tends to break up in the QR's when reved high, get's sucked in, scars the cylinder walls, and the engine starts consuming oil. It eventually dies.

The other issue is the butterfly screws tend to come loose, get sucked in, scar the cylinder walls, and the engine starts consuming oil. It eventually dies. Lol

There is a thread on these basics somewhere I know, it goes in depth. Basically you need to get an aftermarket header, and use some lock tite on those screws to keep them in and for the most part you will be golden.

A couple of hints that the car has already taken a beating and is on it's way out is white/blue continues smoke coming out the exhaust under hard acceleration, oil consumption (something like a quart or more every 3k miles or so), or un normal compression. If you're set on this car you're looking out, have a compression test done to it before you buy it. All cylinders should be at 180 +-20.

all this ^^ info is very helpful...

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
There's some VQ Sentras out there, go pick one up.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Ah, I see.

you are right BUT just depend people who take care of the motor oil changed etc etc.. that why i got brand new motor swap from 06 Alimta and my car running very perfect since 3 years no check engine light i really happy with it.. i never want to beat it up the car lol... i were planning sell my car for $4.5k everything perfect condations now i keep it since 5 years..
sometimes i were thinking to sell it or not lol...
yes i love 02-03 look and love it!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.