A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive started to notice my car drop idel, hard, like a wave. It drops and comes back. Does this sometimes at idel but almost always does it when braking from high speeds to under 20 mph. Once I brake to this speed my rpms drop and the rpms begin to drop and rise again.

Ive checked all the vacuum lines and everything. My thought is since I fixed my radio the power requirement is more and since I have a shitty autozone battery, it doesnt have any deep storage for when the alternator stops producing 14.4v. Does this sound likely, dont want to spend $300 on a yellow top for the problem to remain?

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
My head hurts...

If the motor is running the alternator is always producing around what ever is rated for.... and the alternator is running the car. Battery capacity had nothing to do with what you are dealing with...unless your alternator is failing in a matter where battery power is being supplemented or fully relied uponand at this point you have a charging system issue.

Do you have a multi-meter, if not then can you afford to pull the battery and alternator out to be tested at the parts store, which i would recommend to you regardless?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe it's a misfire. I'll be in the drive thru and everything is perfect then it with randomly shit itself and drop to 400 rpm then back to idel (750) then drop and repeat

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
It's not a misfire

·
6,837 Posts
What does the manual of the scanner say? I think that just means that the evap monitor has not been set.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its says there isnt any codes but is pending and the eva light jas to do with evap system

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
That might be an easier fix then, might have to clean the hard pipe at the evap canister.

Reactions: Nero Energy

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
There should be something in the how-to section for an evap can fix

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took criki's advice and check the purge solenoid and I believe it is bad. Did the blow test and also used a old 9V battery to test the power. I could hear a click but it didnt close the valve so I think he was right. Going to order this part online rn, is it correct part number?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
Clean it out and put it back, that was the fix back in the day.

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
Don't know, I have never suffered from that issue, don't think it will matter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cleaned the crack pipe and I have to say the idel is noticably much but still drops sometimes. I think it was a good quick fix but I am going to untimately change it out. Can someone confirm thats the part number in the post #13

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
It is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts