A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my spec v last Monday and it drove beautifully, now when I start it cold it idles at 500 for a second then dies. When I try and take off the car has no power even when floored. When it warms up it runs alot better but then the idle fluctuates between 1000 to 2000. I thought it was the iac cleaned it with CRC tb cleaner didn't work. Could it be the ecu I herd there was a recall on my model for it?
Thanks

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
I just got my spec v last Monday and it drove beautifully, now when I start it cold it idles at 500 for a second then dies. When I try and take off the car has no power even when floored. When it warms up it runs alot better but then the idle fluctuates between 1000 to 2000. I thought it was the iac cleaned it with CRC tb cleaner didn't work. Could it be the ecu I herd there was a recall on my model for it?
Thanks
Any codes? What is an iac? Year?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes no check engine light or anything. Iac- idle air control. It's an 03 with 70000 miles

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Do an idle relearn, check the how-tos for instructions.
What exactly did you clean with the CRC stuff, the throttle body or the maf sensor as well?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just the tb I was told to spray the crc on a clean rag and wipe the inside

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just the tb I was told to spray the crc on a clean rag and wipe the inside
Yes. Also clean the MAF. It's probably dirty and causing problems.

To clean the MAF, get some MAF Cleaner. Remove the MAF sensor from the housing (requires weird little security torx tool) then spray her down really well..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, whats the ecu problem i have been hearing about tho im new to the nissan world i usually run hondas, but after having the sentra for 2 weeks i reliazed i made a huge mistake avery buying a honda

·
Registered
682 Posts
Oh yeah, Did you happen to install a CAI or K&N (or other oiled filter) on the car after you got it?

If there is too much oil on the filter it can get on the MAF and cause this exact issue. Also an unplugged MAF will do this (but would be throwing a code.)

It SHOULD be throwing a code, at least a p0507. Are you sure the CEL light isn't borken? Some people disabled them when they didn't want it on (and always had a CEL from cat removal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. Also clean the MAF. It's probably dirty and causing problems.

To clean the MAF, get some MAF Cleaner. Remove the MAF sensor from the housing (requires weird little security torx tool) then spray her down really well..
Where do i get the security tool?

·
Registered
682 Posts
There are several ecu "problems" with the specs. If you go to the dealership and have them check your vin for recalls, you will be good.

You can get the tool at advance/autozone/napa, etc. Take the car or MAF there. it's a 2.0mm security torq

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The guy who had it before me made his own intake on the car but its stupid it runs like a short ram, has a walmart filter, and he never put the vaccum line back on from the head he stuck a breather filter on it, but i dont think that will make the car stall out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont know if the CEL was turned off but wendsday ill probably have it scanned at my friends shop, they all run hondas and know crap about nissan lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a half a can of crc maf cleaner ill try it
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys I cleaned the maf, tb, and even tried seafoam in full tank of 93 octane still has the same problem. What could it be?
Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey i had the same problem with no codes for awhile. Then like two days later it blew like 6 codes. Short version it ended up being the TPS (Throttle Positioning Sensor). it took a long time of following wires and checking voltage. Scan for codes and see if its got any pending codes cause they dont trigger the SES light .... yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ran the scanner found out it had P0300 random misfire and P0171 was runing lean. Pulled spark plugs and found out that they were 2 differnet kinds in bosch and NGK dealer told me they put new ones in so i never looked. That fixed the cold start problem and now no Codes but i still have floating idle and i cleaned the IAC in the TB so i think it might be the TPS. Is there a way to check it without buying a new one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can anyone Please point me in the right directions on the idle relaern i wanna try it but im getting confused in Insrtuctions
Thanks Everyone for your Help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts