A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is brett. Im 31 and I just bought a sentra spec-v to fix up. my first project was a honda and have hooked up many hondas! this however is my first nissan project and i am very eager to get started!

Please look up my posts and say hello!

-B

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, you finally did the "Honda to Nissan" move! Welcome!!!
yes i did! And man the TORQUE feels great!!

I am working on changing the tranny though because my 5th and 6th gear are VERY HARD to get into if I can at all and my reverse is way gone!!

I have looked around but havent found any write ups about how to replace the 6 speed tranny......but maybe im looking in the wrong place!! Any help for a noob who wants to fix his car????

Thanks for all the help!

Brett

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scrapin explain to him he is a noob lol

yes please explain!!!

Where do I buy shifter bushings? and is there a fix that i can use for now untill i buy them???

Please help!!!!

That would be sooooo awsome if I didnt have to buy a new tranny!

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
on the transmission are the shifter cables, just check to see if the bushings are shot.

if they are shit then you can get new ones from 2jracing check the vendor section. worth a shot since the bushings are about $30. either way its a nice mod to have

·
Registered
471 Posts
if you are going to buy shifter bushings, check out 2J racing and FI-R racing. both offer shifter bushings, you can find them in the vendor sections. Both are a little different in the material they use, so you can look at both and decide on what you think. But yea, I would check the bushings, gear oil, and possibly the trany/engine mounts.

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
if you are going to buy shifter bushings, check out 2J racing and FI-R racing. both offer shifter bushings, you can find them in the vendor sections. Both are a little different in the material they use, so you can look at both and decide on what you think. But yea, I would check the bushings, gear oil, and possibly the trany/engine mounts.
great point, check the mounts on the crossmember under the car as well. what year is the car?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yea man, while your at it it, I would just go ahead and buy the shifter brushing, and harder brushing for your cross brace, you will love them!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea man, while your at it it, I would just go ahead and buy the shifter brushing, and harder brushing for your cross brace, you will love them!!
is there anyway that someone could give me a link to go directly to the parts that you are referring to?

last night I went to my sentra and looked at the car..... I found that the clip that holds one of the cables (the lower one) to the tranny was missing.

I contacted nissan and they said they had the clip...... I am just wondering if anyone could post a picture of where the cables connect to the tranny. that way tonight I can try to get it on the lift and fix it!

anybody have any bushings that they wanna sell? Or know of any trannys? Or shoot maybe you guys could teach me how to rebuild mine!

Thanks alot!

B

·
Registered
327 Posts
Check the forsale section.....Sammy was selling a set of shifter bushing for like 15 bucks.

If the lower clip is missing that explains why you have no reverse. The picture above in post #11 is where it connect to the trans from inside the car at the shifter. Just buy a bushing kit and a couple of hitch pins and reconnect it.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
if the lower clip is gone that explains 5th, 6th and reverse
but reverse in the spec trannies is a little odd. as you come off the clutch be sure to be pulling it into reverse for the second click or else itll grind in a slip sorta way

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok guys.....i bought the clip and im hopeing it works. If not do any of you know of a tranny write up for diy'ers like me?

·
Registered
65 Posts
yes i did! And man the TORQUE feels great!!

I am working on changing the tranny though because my 5th and 6th gear are VERY HARD to get into if I can at all and my reverse is way gone!!

I have looked around but havent found any write ups about how to replace the 6 speed tranny......but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place!! Any help for a noob who wants to fix his car????

Thanks for all the help!

Brett
had the same problem had to pull the tranny and get a new 5th to 6th synchronizer common problem in our cars just because some have a hard time with the 5th to 6th shifting (previous owner) if you don't fix it soon 6th gear will just not go in

1 - 20 of 178 Posts