A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sam/Skillet here glad to meet everyone. Rocking a 04 spec v and lovin it. Was looking for a decent work car and found this hidden treasure. So now the work car has become another project car for me. This will be my first puddle jumper I will be building. I'll try to research as much as possible before I start shooting out stupid questions that been answered a 100 times, but I'm sure I still will ask a few dumb things. Bear with me I'm not that bad of a guy lol.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Pretty much but you can still have a fun car that half quick. Its pretty light for a 4 door so you can use that to your advantage.

Reactions: Richardw72

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's light and small Sus Spec but I may kill some of the weight thing with speakers.

Thanks on the time saver FREe but it's to late been all over the place in here. Bad thing is when you read the thread and some one says hey read here. Then you click and page don't exist lmaooooo. That's why I say I'll wait awhile before shooting off with the stupid questions. I'll find my way around

My plans are all over the place with this car trying to pull it all together for a realistic idea for me. I'm currently restoring my 73 roadrunner and this spec v has taken my brain over.

I can't get into anything really until spring. My garage is taken up now with the roadrunner and my kids mustang. I'll be driving the spec through the winter. No big deal I work a few blocks from my house and have no winter traveling planned. The precat and butterfly have definitely got me nervous. This exhaust is rusted and will be a can of worms without a whole exhaust. I got to get an e check this week ,so after that I'm going to stick an ebay header on there and if it all goes wrong I'll just stick some straight pipe on it to get me through the winter. It looks like this car got a new motor when it was 3 years old.
Brown Rectangle Nameplate Font Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Yup one or both. Nice Im picky about classic cars but I always have liked the roadrunner.

Reactions: SKILLET

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Continued from above... back story on the car. Got it off a car lot cheap. They couldn't keep the battery charged and the cluster gauge only worked sometimes so they couldn't show anyone the mileage. Also was 3 different shades of white and you could see body work done. Also has damage to the hood bumper and passenger fender. Little rust here and there but not bad and the underneath still had paint on it. Very rear here in Ohio to not be rusted to sht under there. To me and probably only me I was like wow this baby's clean I'll take it.

And that I did. Only upgrades I can tell are rims and a muffler. So went to the junkyard and grabbed a bumper and some headlights.
Went home got the sledge out and beat it all back in place lol. Don't look half bad. Spring time I'll go yank a hood and fender for it.
The radio wiring was hacked so bad I yanked it all out including the factory sub box.stuck in a jvc head unit and a set of 10's to get me by. Fixed up some other wiring problems I found along the way but it still didn't hold charge. Ended up getting a cluster gauge from the junkyard and that fixed the charging issues. Nissan had some crazy wiring ideas. It now reads 137,000 on the cluster who knows what it really is I don't care at all.

Then I took it for a ride... that's when I fell in love with it. That fast it went from a cheap car to drive into what are we going to do with you?

Front struts banging and all this car wants to do is go...FREe you said no its not a sports car. Maybe it's a muscle car lol. Like when you first start working out lil bump muscle car ha ha...well what is it then FREe because it's definitely not just a normal car...it leaves posi marks. I think I'd be tickled to death making a line jumper out of this thing.

So mods... I stuck some ebay coilovers on it for now. It was banging in the front so why not try them out. For the money I'm giving them a thumbs up so far. The studs in the back strut mounts are going to snap and I'm not feeling the cold now so the rears are on hold.
Next coming in hot exhaust and butterfly screws. Figured I'd go cheap with header just to get me by the what am I going to do with this car thing.

Definitely doing the washers on the cradle and MMI. Hoping that will stop this thing from yanking me to the left? This thing seems to roast the wheels so I'm not feeling to much wheel hop but yank me to the left yes.

I'm getting a head ache reading about this balance shaft chain. I'm thinking just leave it but I'll go torcher myself some more before I decide.

Cold air intake. Still on the fence if I go turbo I don't need this. For now I put in a k+n. yanked all that crap out behind the head light and just left the open hole in the box. Was thinking about sticking a shop vac hose in the fog light and running it up there.

Ideas for the car are just leave it stock with the regular cheap mods and lay out the body and interior and just have a nice looking ride.

Or... snatch up another block do a stock build for turbo with light weight pulls new clutch kit and begin the need for speed.
If I go for turbo I'll still do some body work and paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts