A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm installing the JWT C1 Cams per the procedure posted on the webpage. http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/CAMSHAFT_INSTALL_QR25DE_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf and it tells you to verify that both camshafts have oil gallery plugs (Not too sure what that is). I checked the intake cam and it has a plug in the rear, but the exhaust doesn't. Is there anyway to transfer the oil gallery plug from my old cam to my new one? Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The first photo is the new JWT C1 Billet Cam. It seems to be missing the oil gallery plug.

Auto part Metal Steel

The second photo is the old cam. You can see that there is a plug inside of the exhaust camshaft

Screw Metal Steel Nut Fastener

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Don't use it. Call JWT tomorrow

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Call JWT.

You may have had a defective cam sent to you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
called jwt, ben said that they don't always install the plugs incase you wanna clean the cam before install. >.>
He said he'd mail a plug to me, but he's choosing priority mail (which is pretty slow in hawaii) and told me i'd have to pay extra for overnighting it for his fault. Pretty bad busniess, but w/e.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
called jwt, ben said that they don't always install the plugs incase you wanna clean the cam before install. >.>
He said he'd mail a plug to me, but he's choosing priority mail (which is pretty slow in hawaii) and told me i'd have to pay extra for overnighting it for his fault. Pretty bad busniess, but w/e.
wtf...

Why doesn't he clean them before shipping out or after production? It's not like these cams are flying off the shelves like pokemon toys or something so he wouldn't have the time to do that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I noticed the stock cams don't have threads in the well the oil gallery plug is pressed into, but the C1 Cam does. I'mma try to engineer a plug. Gonna go to lowes and see if I can get a similar bolt to match it and screw it in. I feel like the stock exahust cam oil gallery plug has a hole drilled through it's center for flow or something so I think I might need to mimic this. Anyone think this might significantly affect it's rotational mass or cause damage? Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!....So my brain finally decided to work. I went to local hardware store and bought a steel rod. Pressed out the old oil gallery plug. Re-installed it into the new C1 Cam. Lot easier than I expected. Thanks for the feedback!

Water Photography Wood Plumbing fixture Gas

·
Registered
287 Posts
Good to know. I plan to get JWT cams when I do my engine build eventually.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Update!....So my brain finally decided to work. I went to local hardware store and bought a steel rod. Pressed out the old oil gallery plug. Re-installed it into the new C1 Cam. Lot easier than I expected. Thanks for the feedback!

View attachment 45184
good luck. if i payed 835$ for my cams and springs and they didnt come with a plug id raise hell. but ingenuity pulled through. hope this works for you buddy.

Reactions: 06Speed

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very true. I'll be getting everything from JWT (exept for the Treadstone 10.5:1 forged internal rebuild kit) while I do it including clutch/flywheel set. I would be alot more displeased :p

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts