A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get rid of the Black inserts where the fog lights would be and put in some OEM fog lights. Now I'm sure i can handle installing the lights, but where do I hook them up to, to get them to function? I'm new to modding my car so please forgive my newbness.

EDIT: car is 2001

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would advise getting a aftermarket foglight install kit, it comes with a relay and supplies all the wiring you may need. I wouldn't hook the fogs directly to the marker lights incase you want to turn them on while the markers are off. Basically if you have the relay it gives the system a fused 12v and ground and uses a second 12v to turn the relay on and off, but uses much less amperage on the second 12v.

If you want I can take as many pictures for you of mine, but I have HIDs and it will be a tad bit different.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is just somethin i've always wondered but when u wire factory fogs straight to the parking lights wouldn't they blink with the signal. I just thought the headlights would be a better option but then I thought the excess current would cause some kind of fuse failure...(feel free to say I'm wrong).

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would highly recommend getting the turn signal stalk with the fog light switch, which would make it plug and play. I'm 90% sure all GXE's (mine was, and so was my friends) are prewired for fog lights, so it should be plug and play.
If you search this forum (and b15sentra.net) you should beable to find info on how to connect the fogs to the factory harness. I did it in ~2hours (I'm not a mechanic)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i did the front from gxe to spec and from no lights to lights but i wired mine to the parking lights and no they will not blink with the signals!i was also worried with that.
We have a 2000 Sentra GXE 1.8L Automatic transmission

How do you go about wiring it like this?

Do the fog lights then come on with the dims and brights?

I've been searching for a few hours and have found a lot of references, but not the actual threads on how to do the wiring

Does anybody have a stalk for sale? Or a link to buy one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts