A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 Nissan Sentra SE-R spec-v and the blower motor only normally turns on when the cabin air temperature is warm. On colder mornings I often have to wait for the temperature inside the car to get warm naturally before the blower starts working. At red lights on the way to work, I sometimes turn the car off and on and it'll occasionally start working. I've also had it parked and rapidly turn the key from off to ACC while the switch is on 1,2,3, or 4 until the blower kicks on. Whenever the switch starts on 0 it seems to never allow me to turn it on normally. This issue seems to be more prevalent in the colder months which is why I procrastinated until now to get it fixed..

I've replaced the blower motor resistor, the motor itself and the relays/fuses look good. My guess is some connection somewhere, but I don't know where to start and I'd like to avoid bringing it into a shop since its such a fussy issue.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Did you closely check the connectors for being burnt? If all ok then theres likely be a problem in the hvac module. You can check this electrically for when the fan is on but not working for voltage at the resistor, and see if there is incoming fan signal power from the module. You have to know which pins are for which fan speed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts