A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,866 Posts
Welcome.

If you can, take it for a spin just like any other used car out there. If those 2 things are taken cared of early on and nothing else is going on, then it's a pretty decent buy. Check out KBB for prices so you have a ballpark figure. I'm sure you could get it for less than that though. Sentras don't really hold their value. Good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.

Check out KBB for prices so you have a ballpark figure. I'm sure you could get it for less than that though. Sentras don't really hold their value. Good luck.
checked out kbb and good condition is around 3400-3500... my uncle who lives close by is going to look at it (I live 4 hours away... but there aren't any good ones around here in south east iowa) so his starting price isn't way out of the ballpark at least...

·
Premium Member
39,102 Posts
Welcome pimp.

The car doesn't look bad and seems to be in good shape.

Another thing to check for are the recalls. Get the vin and go to a dealership to see if the recalls have been done.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Make sure your uncle gives it a compression test.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Do a code reader check for any pending codes. Many people sell cars with codes just by clearing them and they remain as pending codes until they have been driven for a while. You can also check if they have just recently been cleared. Check the car fax as well there are alot of cars that were damaged by flood and were spread to other locations where people would not expect to find a car that was in a flood. Also try putting it into reverse, it is common to have to put it into 1 3 or 5 first so dont worry if owner says to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts