A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all my fellow b15ers. I purchased a 2004 spec v about two weeks ago and it's in pretty rough condition. It needs some love, so far though I've gotten quite a few of the big issues with the car fixed. I've had 2 spec V's before this 1 so I know the car pretty well and as a DIY'er I dove right in. I'm gonna get some pictures tomorrow of what I've started but for now I'll start with what I have done... Fixed an oil leak coming from the dipstick, just picked up the o ring it was missing from a junkyard car. Replaced Serpentine because it snapped on my way home from a joy ride. I also replaced a few interior dash pieces that were cracked from another junkyard sentra and now my interior is looking pretty good. Cleaned up the passenger side of engine bay from all the caked up grease and got it looking decent, happy to say no oil leaks after cleaning it up. I replaced the radiator and flushed coolant. That's all I can remember. It's late and I'm tired. I have the car taken apart right now because I got the p0420 code and I thought the pre cat was needing to be gutted. Took the headers off and I see that it's already gutted so now I'm confused. All motor mounts are shot so I'm gonna try to replace them tomorrow if I can find them around town. I changed the oil to some royal purple 5w-30. I got the tires balanced and rotated and got an alignment. The front mount has no bolts so the car jerks hard and pulls to the right, sometimes makes a banging noise but I know it's the mounts. The part of the front mount that bolts into the transmission has two bolts holes and the top one is cracked off and you can see it's missing a ton of thread but the bottom one looks ok. I'm gonna have to see how I can Jerry rig that top one tomorrow while I have space from the headers being off. That's all for now. Anybody have any ideas on how I can fix that top bolt hole for my front mount feel free to chime in. Pics coming tomorrow. Good night every body sorry for the super long post.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is where my front mount it supposed to bolt in to. A good chunk of the thread is just ripped off. If anyone has a good idea on how I can try to save this it would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
(2) 2002 nissan spec v
9 Posts
Did you still need some ideas on how to get this fixed?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I found a fix for it for now. Most of the threads were still good, so I put a lockwasher and tightened the bolts back in and jb welded the exposed part of the transmission housing and its held up over 2 months with no issues.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Thats surprising that it was able to hold. Usually that means new transmission.That oil looks nasty. I hate that. The valve cover might be leaking. Its nothing that a good degreaser can pull off if you let it sit and wash it with high pressure water. Still getting the 420 code?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was also surprised its held up so well. The leak was actually coming from the dipstick missing the o-ring that goes into the oil pan. Easy fix, but I am leaking a bit of oil from the lower oil pan. I plan on removing the balance shaft soon so ill fix that leak soon enough. No more codes after I put a spacer in the second o2 sensor, this spec is completely catless so I think that's why it was throwing that code in the first place.

·
Registered
(2) 2002 nissan spec v
9 Posts
Glad you got it fixed for now, also happy see everyone on this forum still intetested in the spec v, I currently own 2 of them and they are a blast to modify and drive hard.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish mine was fast like my first one. This one feels like its got a worn motor. I do suspect its original motor with 210k+ miles

·
Registered
(2) 2002 nissan spec v
9 Posts
I have 220,000 miles on my daily driver, but the engine only has 60,000 miles on it, pre- cat killed the first motor.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did your spec feel extra slow before you swapped motors?

·
Registered
(2) 2002 nissan spec v
9 Posts
When i bought it the motor had already been swapped.

·
Registered
(2) 2002 nissan spec v
9 Posts
Have you done a compression check? You might be able to borrow / rent the tool ftom Autozone or Orielys.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't dont one yet. I've really focused only on the suspension as of right now and the exterior. Only done enough mechanic work to keep it running good which it actually is running solid right now. I think once I put coilovers on and a 10mm alk and some wheel spacers I'm gonna jump to making it fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts