A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my other 2 posts have said(sorry I really enjoy feedback) I am going to replace the condenser and evaporator of my 2006 Sentra. The evaporator is leaking and I am just replacing the condenser because it was bent in an accident and I figured I might as well replace it while the system is empty in case the bend causes a future leak. I will also be replacing the expansion valve and any orings I come across while replacing these parts. So my question is, do I have to use a flush kit to flush the system if I am just replacing these parts and not the compressor and lines? I have read some very conflicting articles on the nessesary of flushing. It should be noted that I am deffenetly going to be pulling a vacuum on the system for a few hours to get out any moisture and air before I recharge. Will that be enough cleansing or is a flush nessesary?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I have learned that you should only really have to flush it if a compressor blows up internally and there are metal flakes in the ac system. Otherwise, just a vacuum pull will be necessary imo. Should only have to pull for 15-20 mins.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Flushing is only required if your compressor "exploded" or if you have reason to believe there is contamination. I do strongly advise to pull a vacuum on the system for no less than an hour.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys that's what I figured so I will just pull a a vacuum for an hour and a half or so to be safe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts