A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Wow,
Looks like someone was running straight water in that for quite some time.

Buy some radiator cleaner and run it through the system!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Straight antifreeze will actually rust it even worse than straight water as odd as that sounds.

@SoundEfx are you sure you don't want to replace the water pump too????? I would consider it.

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wow,
Looks like someone was running straight water in that for quite some time.

Buy some radiator cleaner and run it through the system!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing, but I think I need a something a little stronger because this thing will need more than one flush.

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Straight antifreeze will actually rust it even worse than straight water as odd as that sounds.

@SoundEfx are you sure you don't want to replace the water pump too????? I would consider it.
I did think about that, but the water pump looks new.
But I'm not sure if the seals are good and the only way to check is to take it off, so I most likely will....:facepalm:

The more I dig into the car, the more I have to fix/replace and it's tiring and frustrating doing it by yourself in a small garage.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
All that rust just looks horrible. It looks near impossible to get out. I would clean it out as best ass possible. Then fill it and add a glug or 2 of CLR and run that for a day, then flush that and see what happens.

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
All that rust just looks horrible. It looks near impossible to get out. I would clean it out as best ass possible. Then fill it and add a glug or 2 of CLR and run that for a day, then flush that and see what happens.
Yeh. I bought some prestone radiator flush thingy and ran that through the engine.
I'm doing the flush this weekend.

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Small update.
The car now looks like this:

Used to look like this:

Yes I know, not good pics, but that's what I have.....

Interior before:

Interior now:

Here is a pic of the old rims in the front and new ones in the rear:

Coilovers are already on, but I lost my wrenches, so I can't lower it yet.

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
looks better, imho. also looks like the pacific north west... wet...
did you ever look for any other damage on your car other than the cut tire?
Not yet.
I idled that car back into storage and just left the fuccer. I was too pissed to look at it. I'm going to look at it this evening though.

What's funny is that the before 'wet' picture is when I bought it. But yeh, it's still wet.....lol
That car only comes out when it's dry because I'm not sure if the 21 year old seals are keeping water out. And that sun roof scares me....:ugh:

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Not yet.
I idled that car back into storage and just left the fuccer. I was too pissed to look at it. I'm going to look at it this evening though.

What's funny is that the before 'wet' picture is when I bought it. But yeh, it's still wet.....lol
That car only comes out when it's dry because I'm not sure if the 21 year old seals are keeping water out. And that sun roof scares me....:ugh:
so, in washington state, you get to drive it what? 3 days a year? lol

cant blame you there, all sunroofs are bad for leaking, and most do anyway even new, the design with the drain tubes helps, but I bet they all leak anyway! it just doesnt make it to the passenger compartment...

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
so, in washington state, you get to drive it what? 3 days a year? lol

cant blame you there, all sunroofs are bad for leaking, and most do anyway even new, the design with the drain tubes helps, but I bet they all leak anyway! it just doesnt make it to the passenger compartment...
Tell me about it....:facepalm:
I should say that the car only comes out when it's NOT raining.....lol

Also, who knows if the tubes are clogged or not.

After this summer I plan to completely strip it and start over from the ground up, restoring everything.
My plans never go smoothly, but I want this car looking like new.

That reminds me, I have to replace the rubber window thingy that's on the outside of the door.

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
hate having to replace rubber window thingies!!!
Yeh. Scared because I never did it before....:ugh:

now thats a car
very nice
Thanks pimp.
I'll try to get better pictures of it. That was at night using my phone coming out of the gym. It looked much better than the pic, hence why I tried to capture it, but FAILED!!!!!:(.

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I thought that I had a pic of the tint I'm trying to remove.
That thing is a BYTCH and a HALF...........:mad:

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
left tint.jpg

rear tint.jpg

right tint.jpg

What you see is NOT, I repeat, NOT the glue. From what I read, it seems as if tint has two layers and this is the under layer that is a pain to remove.
I have tried goo-gone, paint stripper, rubbing alcohol and it will not come off. I think that due to the lack of heat might be the reason why.

So I'm using a heat gun and a razor blade to take this shyt off.... and it's taking FOREVER because there is nothing to peel. It comes off in very small pieces......:mad:

·
Registered
102 Posts
same thing happened with mine; after failing with goof-off I took it to the window tinters and they dipped a rag in diesel fuel to wipe it off. took a few days for the car to stop smelling like a gas station, but they got rid of the residue in about an hour.

edit: what shanover said. I did some searches and cant find anybody saying to use diesel so :thinking: maybe last resort

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
What you see is NOT, I repeat, NOT the glue. From what I read, it seems as if tint has two layers and this is the under layer that is a pain to remove.
I have tried goo-gone, paint stripper, rubbing alcohol and it will not come off. I think that due to the lack of heat might be the reason why.

So I'm using a heat gun and a razor blade to take this shyt off.... and it's taking FOREVER because there is nothing to peel. It comes off in very small pieces......:mad:
acetone, aka finger nail polish remover, will work as well, and may not smell as bad as diesel for as long.... what you are dealing with is the actual adhesive rather than a film.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Thats suuucks. I had the same thing on my Sentra when I got it. I used brake clean on a rag and it slowly but surely came off. I left the other 3 windows to my tint guy. No idea how he got them off.

You make me miss my 240. It looked alot like that with the same color, same rims, and also automatic :facepalm:. But, after a re-skim of the thread I realized Im glad to get rid of it. I really hate working on rusty pain in the ass shit! I remember one of my bolts broke off the thermostat too lol.

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
acetone, aka finger nail polish remover, will work as well, and may not smell as bad as diesel for as long.... what you are dealing with is the actual adhesive rather than a film.
I tried that.. It's not glue. Infact, AFTER you remove it, you're left with the glue residue that those products take off.

It's weird to describe and when I searched, it took me a while to find a forum on it. Every one thinks it's the glue that is normally left behind.
The way the pics look, it looks like glue, but it isn't. I'll try to get better pics....

·
39,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thats suuucks. I had the same thing on my Sentra when I got it. I used brake clean on a rag and it slowly but surely came off. I left the other 3 windows to my tint guy. No idea how he got them off.

You make me miss my 240. It looked alot like that with the same color, same rims, and also automatic :facepalm:. But, after a re-skim of the thread I realized Im glad to get rid of it. I really hate working on rusty pain in the ass shit! I remember one of my bolts broke off the thermostat too lol.
Yeh... it's a pain all right. But she's in good shape. Wait until I'm done.

One of the reasons why I got it is because it does not have any rust. Well, besides IN the engine.....:lmao:

41 - 60 of 74 Posts