A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

12061 - 12080 of 12093 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,061
I have called before. He didnt help and refused to pay for shipping the turbo out. I pulled everyting apart. Captain sentra over there forgot a restrictor. Blowing out my seals. Turbo is out for repair. Then a lot of the AN fittings for coolant need to be replaced. My fucking filter for My car is for a lawnmower???? Ive talked to some of the employees and they said he threw my car to the side. On 5/25 was the day he bought my legit garrettt. Before he was using Chinese.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,062
Well the cars almost back together. Bunch of other shit like not clamping hoses and leaking coolant and shit because of it. Turbo got repaired and is on. Should be done by tomorrow. Made a case with the BBB and he didn't respond so we will see how this goes

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Well the cars almost back together. Bunch of other shit like not clamping hoses and leaking coolant and shit because of it. Turbo got repaired and is on. Should be done by tomorrow. Made a case with the BBB and he didn't respond so we will see how this goes
No offense Jake but you should have caught them leaking hoses and shit just from doing your daily checks of oil and all that stuff. Not trying to defend joe or anything but with boost comes alot more maintenance of just checking over everything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Don't take any of this the wrong way....

Checking hose clamps and bolts and stuff staying tight is normal fresh build maintenance.

Lawnmower filter doesn't matter. If it fits it fits. I don't have a filter at all. Just a screen. So unless your concern is too low an amount of flow then don't worry about it. Buy something else of you want. If you can find an automotive filter that shape so it fits.
If you are mad because you think it is what it is because it's cheap....ok...but it probably works fine. I wouldn't be concerned.

If your turbo is ball bearing. Definitely needed a restrictor.

If it was journal.....
It doesn't need one unless it leaks without one. That's what manufacturers say themselves. If it wasn't leaking while it was at 2j then they wouldn't have known. Not saying they should or shouldn't have known. Just saying IF JOURNAL....you only need it if you need it. And typically being fed by a QR25 you need it. But I cannot say always, as I don't know that to be true 100% of the time.

If ball bearing....you needed a restrictor for sure.

Glad it wasn't the dipstick drain system. That would have not been good at all.

Jake I would obviously assume Joe tested the kit to his satisfaction. He surely checked the drain system wasn't obviously a problem and that you didn't obviously have a oil feed pressure issue. Key word being obviously. Maybe it didn't immediately show itself until you had the car.
They surely would have checked to make sure you didn't have a leaking turbo.

I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. SURELY they checked you weren't leaking oil past the seals before the car left there. Surely they checked. SURELY. Because your car was the prototyping car.

If they didn't. They should have. If not on your car then on another car. Surely they did check.

I'm not telling you how to or not to feel.

If your turbo is ball bearing and for real had no restrictor. Someone obviously probably messed up.

If it's a journal bearing. Could have been an honest mistake.

BBB isn't gonna do you any good. BBB is a joke. Don't waste your time.

If Joe thought they made a mistake he'd take care of ya. So either he doesn't. Or you made him mad talking shit online and he doesn't give a fuck at this point.

He warranted a clutch for someone. A freaking clutch. Who does that?

But yeah yeah......again...obviously....
I'm not telling you to not be mad. Or to be mad.

Sorry for your troubles. Deal with Joe before you post things public. Not saying you didn't. Maybe you felt you did. And maybe you did.

At least you have your car...........................

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
PS.....
Did you try adding a restrictor before sending your turbo somewhere????

Turbo seals may be fine even if they were leaking. They only hold so much pressure. So even if they are good they can leak.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,066
Apparently against common belief apparently i did maintain it. The oil was obvious if they would of taken the hot side off. It was literally a drop every few seconds (yes i put a restrictor on and it was still leaking and yes its a bb. He completely dropped the ball) as for the leaking of the barb fittings they are tucked by the trans behind all piping. He didnt put clamps on them. Aka why they leaked. I literally did everything he said. He just fucked himself here. I really have no blame in this. Steve tried tk say it was because i let Mr catchcan get so high (it wasnt that high just a stupid amount of blow by). Didnt defend joe or say anything when i tagged him saying it was the restrictor missing. I know my next step against joe trust me. If he makes other builds like mine he'll ruin himself first. Just mind blowing. A year and something that simple. Night guys.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,067
I'm glad i have the car and the parts to rework evetything. Joe really was no help. He offered for me to send the turbo to him? He can't even test turbos. Just a disappointment. Thanks for sticking around dave. He also just failed it give ne a lot of paid for product. Honestly hoping he gets whats coming to him for shit like this and others.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Your posts aren't triggering notifications.
Guess the issue isn't only with users with Newbie status. You have Senior Member status. Weird. Wonder what the issue is.

Anyway......
BB turbo should definitely have a restrictor far as I know.

If he asked you to send him the turbo it was so he could fix it for you. He would have sent it to a turbo shop if it needed more than they could do at 2j. Might have taken a while, but would have gotten fixed.

Forgetting clamps and a restrictor he can't go back in time and fix. Best he could do, without shipping you car to GA, is fix your turbo and send you a restrictor and some clamps.
Would satisfy some people. Maybe most people, maybe not, but probably.

Luckily it wasn't worse. Most definitely could be worse. Way way worse.

I doubt Joe personally forgot to do that stuff. Probably was someone else. Obviously at the end of the day he's the owner and owns the responsibility of the shop's work. And he knows that.

If you gave him opportunity to satisfactorily make things right and he didn't do that. That's one thing.

If he offered and you didn't accept for whatever reason. That's a different thing.

All kinds of gray area in between and beyond.

Best to be civil about things. Shit happens.
Not accusing either side if not being civil or assuming both sides were. Either way. Always a good idea to be civil.
Make someone mad and they don't want to help ya. And that goes both ways.

Best he could do was fix what was wrong.
So out of curiosity......what would you have liked him to do?
What would you have found to be a satisfactory resolution to the situation?
Was fixing your turbo and sending you stuff you needed to fix everything enough to make you feel ok about everything?

You live awful far for them to ship your car back down, fix it, and ship it back.

But maybe that's what you wanted to happen? :dunno:

I guess I could see someone wanting that.

That's an expensive ass fix. Last resort type shit.

You'd have had to be super calm and civil about everything, and still be, for that to ever ended up happening. If it ever even would be a possibility anyway.

Surely you can understand that Joe would exhaust all possible ways of satisfying you before offering something so costly. And obviously he would want to confirm what actually was wrong and make sure for certain it was the shops fault before offering a solution that costly to the shop.
Like I said....most people would probably be satisfied with a fixed turbo and the missing parts they needed.

Just shipping your car there and back would cost At Least $1000.

Shit situation. Depending what would have satisfied you, possibly very difficult or expensive to resolve. Sorry either side has to deal with it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,070
I never asked for him to take the car back. I lost all trust in him. He had it that long and it came out like this. He wouldn't pay shipping or the 75 bucks to get it inspected and repaired. He claimed it wasnt on him because the garrett turbo "wasnt his product". I honestly just want money back to pay for all the expenses.if not that idc as long as i saved someone from shobby work

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Dam sorry to see this. I just looked at the intercooler pic again and just saw the amount of standing oil in there. Wow.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry to read about your troubles... doesn't sounds like much fun.
I've run a a Garrett GT2871R for 10+ years now... YES it's need a oil restrictor.

I believe it calls for a 1mm restrictor

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,073
They fucked my headgasket install too. Oil is chalky white

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
yeah I think its a 0.030" restrictor. Shoulda came with it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,075
I'm mind blown how bad his work is

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,076
Joe did my headgasket.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,077
Well guys, its up. Replaced the hg and the turbo. Gonna have it retuned. Good to be back honestly. Thank you david for being here for me. Got to meet him... not on the best of grounds. I had a recent ex die in a crash. Seeing him really cheered me up. I have a civic for a daily now. If any of you wanna know what happened with joe just pm me for my number. I had to pay for all the repairs myself. Hope You are all well.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,079
what happeneed now

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,080
Uprev tuner and license and new laptop in hand... new tune who dis?

12061 - 12080 of 12093 Posts