A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
8,848 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Good luck finding the right size wheels. That's the hardest part unfortunately. Might be easier to find in 16s. Idk because I never look at 16s since they won't clear my brakes.

I really like my Potenza RE71r tires. But they're probably not ideal for street drags. Surely something else will launch better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yea. I'm gonna stick with 16. 245/45 sounds about right. They're only for those weekends if I get to run... looking at some rpf1s right now. I like my stock wheels for now. Has anyone run 15s on non brembos. Just wondering

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Someone ran 280zx wheels. I don't remember if those are 15s or 16s. The swastika wheels. Lemme go see what size those are.

Yogi b should know what will clear.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Those are 15s BUT......don't remember if that car was a Spec V or if there's a difference in front brake size (diameter) on the QG cars.

Someone will know.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm upgrading to Enkei GP5 17x8 wheels with a +45 offset using 245/40-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (these wheels are 5 lug wheels, so the hubs have to be changed to five lug versions). They fit perfectly without even rolling the fender lips, but rolling the fender lips is still advisable for extra clearance. They don't even stick out past the front fenders. The Enkei GP5 5 spoke 17x8 wheels look almost the same as the stock '02-'03 SpecV 5 spoke wheels, so they are ideal for upgrading any SpecV with a VQ35 swap!

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Surprised that's not gonna rub terribly on the inside. Hell I rub a 225 45 on the inside on the passenger side on a Stock wheel. Even with 5mm Spacers! Damn bump and roll kit! Tempted to take that stuff off! Freaking bump steers worse than my other car that Doesn't have the kit! Makes no sense, but it does.

Post pic of fitment somewhere when all done. Definitely interested in actually properly fitting a 245!

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Surprised that's not gonna rub terribly on the inside. Hell I rub a 225 45 on the inside on the passenger side on a Stock wheel. Even with 5mm Spacers! Damn bump and roll kit! Tempted to take that stuff off! Freaking bump steers worse than my other car that Doesn't have the kit! Makes no sense, but it does.

Post pic of fitment somewhere when all done. Definitely interested in actually properly fitting a 245!
Dave those 245s I have fit good. Maybe could use a 3 5mm spacer tho

·
Registered
256 Posts
My existing stock '02-'03 SpecV wheels (17x7 with +48 offset and 225/45-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires) fit without rubbing on both sides in the rear including with 10mm spacers on them! I did upgrade the rear suspension with 2J racings offset delrin bushings and aftermarket sway bar, so maybe that helps?

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Dave those 245s I have fit good. Maybe could use a 3 5mm spacer tho
You're rolled and pulled. He's talking about fitting mod free. Or at worst just rolling the inner lip

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
My existing stock '02-'03 SpecV wheels (17x7 with +48 offset and 225/45-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires) fit without rubbing on both sides in the rear including with 10mm spacers on them! I did upgrade the rear suspension with 2J racings offset delrin bushings and aftermarket sway bar, so maybe that helps?
Talking about the front. Rubbing in the front. On the frame basically.

My turbo car without bump/roll kit doesn't rub my 225s. But my VQ car with the kit DOES rub even with a 5mm spacer.

My turbo car rubbed the plastic liner a little by the frame but not the actual frame. Just barely clears basically. My VQ car rubs the shit out of the frame even with a spacer. Same Size wheels And tires. Only significant difference in the 2 cars is bump and roll kit on the one that rubs. Only rubs passenger side. Rubs even with a 5mm spacer.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
You're rolled and pulled. He's talking about fitting mod free. Or at worst just rolling the inner lip
Ya that's true i do have mine rolled and pulled pretty good lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
What wheels and offset do you have those 225/45-17's on, and is your vehicle lowered? My stock SpecV 17x7 wheels with the +48mm offset and 225/45-17 tires easily clear my frame with plenty of space to spare! I have the stock KYB's with stock ride height, but I do have the special inserts that 2J racing sells for the lower swingarm along with the 10mm spacer under the rear swingarm mount. From what I can see the Enkei 17x8's with +45mm offset will still clear my frame at full turn to either side. I can always add 5mm spacers on the wheels if need be, but I doubt I need them!

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
If that's directed at me......Stock wheels on my VQ car

My turbo car has Nismo wheels which are a different size amd I forgot I never put 225s on that car on stock wheels BUT they shouldn't rub either on that car.

The reason I am rubbing on the VQ car is the increased turning radius from the bump steer and roll correction kit. It rubs even with a 5mm spacer on stock wheels with 225 45 tires. It's super annoying!
And why I pointed out to @tloof I rub and could never fit the wheels and tires he mentioned because even a stock wheel with 225s rubs the passenger side.

If he doesn't rub I'll definitely take that damn kit off! I'd rather properly fit a bigger tire than have whatever benefits from that kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah

Yes both my cars are on BC Coilovers

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
225 40 is shorter than stock size.

Idk if a 225 40 would rub. I have 225 45 on both the cars. Pretty sure it would still rub on my VQ car because it rubs pretty bad even with a 5mm spacer.

Only on the passenger side though :dunno:

And I'm saying, to be clear, on the inside on the chassis. Not on the fender

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
LoL :facepalm: how did I not see you posted that @tloof lol sorry

Both my cars have ALK and Super Pro bushings.

Only difference is the VQ has the bumpsteer and roll center correction kit. Ride height is similar between the two cars.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
A 17x8 +45 would sit the same distance from the frame as if a stock wheel was +56ish basically. No way in hell I could fit that on my VQ with that kit on it. I would murder my passenger front tire. And I bet at that point would also be rubbing the driver side as well, but idk...would have to look how close i am on that side.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
61 - 80 of 116 Posts