A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, like the title says i just bought this “new” car and I’m pretty stoked cause i got for a decent price at 145k miles. It seems to have the nismo intake, maybe headers? But it has a nismo muffler so maybe. Previous owners have cut the spare tire well, removed a couple other things too, but amazingly left the inside intact. It had a few others issues too but I’ve been fixing it up. It can stay with a newer civic si which i don’t think is bad i guess. I was wondering how i could tell if had cams tho cause I’ve read that apparently nismo cams don’t really lope and sound stock. Any help would be nice or any advice on where to look for stuff works too. thanks for taking the time to read my post. All replies will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,907 Posts
Unless you have a way to measure the cam lobes you can't tell the difference, IIRC the nismo cams had measurements between the stock and JWT's s1 where the s1's are slightly "more aggressive" with 2-3 hp/tq gain IIRC but don't qoute me on the gains.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I’m going to remove the cams and measure when i replace and paint the valve covers. If they turn out to be nismo are they worth keeping? I kinda want to have this as a good reliable daily but do some work to where it’s pushing 250-300hp to the wheels. Is that possible? Any builds i can find on the website?

·
Super Moderator
5,907 Posts
Those number are easy on turbo builds, look through the forums here though some info may be old its still good.

If you have Nismo cams then ok, better than stock but good luck finding the lift measurements. You may be able to measure a lobe while they are still in there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts