A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I were talking about induction on the way to a meeting in my car, and several ideas were brought up. One of them was the idea of having a 10lb oxygen bottle that I could run at a low enough pressure that will boost my power significantly. I'm wondering if anyone has run straight o2 on these cars or not lol. Also another idea was to run compressed air shots that would be used like a turbo, but only when you need/want it. Anyone thought of this?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I've thought about running like a few psi of air into the intake of pure air. It'll be enough to add some gain and I don't think it'll do any damage. I got the tank already :)

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
you would have to tap the intake before the maf otherwise you will run the engine lean and break something. By the time it got past the maf, past the throttle body and into the manifold any velocity it had would have been lost.

If you tap the manifold you will have un-metered air and no way for the ecu to compensate with additional fuel. The juice ain't worth the squeeze

- - - Updated - - -

Do it right the first time and go nitrous. You are talking about very minimal gains for more work than its worth.
^this

·
Registered
7,388 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you had a way to control the air-fuel ratio you might be able to get it to work but since air is mostly nitrogen already your maf will assume it regular air and you will run lean. If it ran with 100% combustion then sure, it would make more power but then the engine might not be able to handle the extra power and there wouldnt be the nitrogen which helps cool the engine.

Just so you realize how much nitrogen is in air a quick google will get you the stochiometric equation for octane in moles. C8H18 + (12.502 + 47N2) --> 8C02 + 9H20 + 47N2

·
Registered
399 Posts
If anyone actually wastes there money on this thing, id be half tempted to drive out to you and just take your car, because you no longer deserve it
Electric SuperChargers Mythbusted - YouTube

they review and dyno a $300 one, and compare it to a ghetto $150 homemade system made of leaf blowers and tubing. guess which one makes more power? lol these "electric superchargers" are a complete waste of money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts