A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to register to this site, although i've been watching it for a while. My name is Jason, I live 75 miles north of Las Vegas, Nv. I've got a 2004 SpecV, the exterior is stock and not in the best of shape and thats why I don't have any pics to drop on here yet...I have put on the Nismo CAI, Megan Racing headers, full custom exhaust with no Cats and the Extra resinator removed and flowing through a smaller rectangle Magnaflow Muffler. I had went cheap on the Springs with a Zenn Springs 2.0" kit and regret it, cuz it sits too low for the geometry of the rear suspension and wore out my shocks early...fronts are ok though. I really want to replace them, I just dont know if I want to go with a full Eibach Sportline Kit with the swaybars and all, or if I want to buy Road Magnet springs and do the Eibach swaybars... I cant afford the coilovers I want so these are my choices for now....Anyone who can help me with some feedback about the spring choices I would appreciate it!

Well thats me and my SpecV and I'll post pics when i get em.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well then my next ? would have to be which ones. I have looked into the KSport and the Tein as my 1st two choices and read a little into Megan Racing.....any feedback reguarding these or recommendations on others??

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I have the BC's through smokinjoe, and love them.

Nothing but bad comments on Ksports. Please oh please don't buy coilovers based on price. I'd also buy brand new, as suspension isn't something you really want second-hand. You'll find tons of classifieds with Ksports for $3-400, don't give in. Just get a quote on new BC's and save up. You can worry about which spring rates later on.

People love Teins, also Nismo's are good, but just remember to buy new, not used (or nused).

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
This guy speaks sense. Coilovers really aren't something you should cheap out on. It's like tires. You buy the cheap ones and they'll do the job because they are round.... but the second you start driving aggressively with them you'll find that they are worse than the stock ones, and actually hinder performance.

So spend the extra couple hundred bucks, shoot Joe a PM about what you're looking for in your setup, and he'll take care of you.

·
39,082 Posts
Yeh, the BCs from Joe are the nice middle ground. Teins are good as well, but you have to use your stock mounts, and I never liked that.

Megan I haven't heard much of, but I was told that they are a cheap quality.

DO NOT BUY K-SPORTS..... They are a little cheaper than the others, but they break... fixed and the break again. You will regret it.

Don't rush your build man. No one will hold it against you for saving up to get the job done right the first time. And if they do, they are fools.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks on the BC recommendation. I saw their booth at SEMA a couple of years ago and liked the Info they had, but it was mostly on the 350z and G35. I'll look into it more as i get ready. I would Never buy suspension products or most engine products for that matter used! but thanks for the look-out, I'm a little behind on my Nissan and outta the scene for a little bit, but I've been playing around with Import customization for about 13 years now :) Also thank you to all that have hit this post so far with the reports on the KSports...I'll take them outta my head for a choice.

·
39,082 Posts
No problem man.

That is why this site stands out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts