A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in someone's thread over the B15sentra...

From the very many parts interchangeable between different Nissan models and generations, there is not 1 set of Struts or even the dampers that will fit the B15sentra?

I mean, you can use Maxima's stuff, Altima's, B14 Strut bearings, etc., etc., but not struts from another car?

Your opinions please.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I'm saying is that we (B15s) have the "limited wheel travel, and there are very few aftermarket struts or dampers available for our cars, besides the very expensive Konis.

We interchange or adapt many parts from other Nissan models, how come no other strut/damper from other Nissan car can work on the Sentra?

Cause if it did, maybe we could also use the aftermarket versions of those struts/dampers...

Get it?

F

·
0 Posts
well you can use the struts from the b13 and b14 if you do the AGX setup. I believe its b13 struts upfront and b14 in the rear. Ill clarify once I find the thread I saw that in.

edit:

If you want to use KYB AGX (b13 front and b14 rear) on your b15 you must use Ground Control coilovers, because the spring perches differ between the sentra generations. If you go this route the spring rates can't be too high though because the AGX are not as strong as Koni Yellows.

F

·
0 Posts
the agx are adjustable for dampening but theyre not exactly cheap. honestly, your best bet would be to get the koni shocks with some springs or just get coilovers, either way all three set ups are within the same $700-900 range.

F

·
0 Posts
the b13/b14 setup is used a lot by those hardcore auto X guys. Unless youre gonna dedicate your car to auto x and do more street driving that anything else, your best setup would be some coilovers like tein basics or ksports. For under$700 you get both height and dampening with the ksports and its a simple bolt on install, instead of cutting your struts like the koni install.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
true about the Ks
but I was reading, specilly on the Max's forum, that they where having issues with them....?????????

F

·
0 Posts
what kinda issues?

oh i forgot to add, with the b13/b14/ground control setup, thats what most guys who do auto X prefer. they can adjust the dampening as well as the height. Honestly though for a street driven car that doesnt see much if any auto x action, id get some coilovers and call it a day.

·
0 Posts
Im telling the Sentra'S remind me of the accord's except Yall Fast SE-R and spec V'Zz made it over sea's My Euro-R couldnt pass inspection lolz.......well anyways the TSX is known as an Accord, so when u seen a TSX its Naturally an ACCORD, dont let the badges fool you dammit

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
FuLLah said:
well you can use the struts from the b13 and b14 if you do the AGX setup. I believe its b13 struts upfront and b14 in the rear. Ill clarify once I find the thread I saw that in.

edit:

If you want to use KYB AGX (b13 front and b14 rear) on your b15 you must use Ground Control coilovers, because the spring perches differ between the sentra generations. If you go this route the spring rates can't be too high though because the AGX are not as strong as Koni Yellows.
b13 and b14 struts bolt up diff in the rear. our cars have the two bolts welded onto the body, b13 and b14 dont.

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
94JDMaccord said:
Im telling the Sentra'S remind me of the accord's except Yall Fast SE-R and spec V'Zz made it over sea's My Euro-R couldnt pass inspection lolz.......well anyways the TSX is known as an Accord, so when u seen a TSX its Naturally an ACCORD, dont let the badges fool you dammit
ahem skyline ahem. if u have the money u can import a euro r, my boy has a right hand drive starlet 1.3 turbo. ill post pics in a few
watch someone say i reversed the pic lol
edit: im not jon i post pics asap.....stay tuned...

F

·
0 Posts
Stay Scrapin' said:
FuLLah said:

edit:

b13 and b14 struts bolt up diff in the rear. our cars have the two bolts welded onto the body, b13 and b14 dont.
you mean the bolts for the b14 rear bolts onto the car from INSIDE the trunk? i know it fits, there was an article on www.nissanperformancemagazine.com where they had the write up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts