A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
it may have, but you have to do the relearns when you change something, so the ecu knows what to look at, the ecu is constantly learning. and will change over time. fuel trims today at idle may not be the same a month from now, because the ecu adapts to how you drive, and how the engine reacts.
I was thinking about maybe bumping it back up. But I don't see the need to do it yet since it only happens once in a while

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
remember you have to drive it for it to learn tho.. mine should be almost at break in mileage for the dragon meat, then I'll get to play too
Don't really drive to much pretty much to work and the store and my buddys once in a while. Since th3 relearn my longest trip was about an hr one way with about a half hr break before leaving again

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Don't really drive to much pretty much to work and the store and my buddys once in a while. Since th3 relearn my longest trip was about an hr one way with about a half hr break before leaving again
yeah, drive it a bit more first, and see how it does, at least a couple hundred miles of stop and go, highway wont let it learn to idle

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Once September 18 hits I'll be driving alot more haha. This dam oll license suck but still let me drive a lil

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
My car never has idled very stable either. And that's only with 633s. However if I had a different spray pattern same size I think it would be a little better. Spray pattern matters too of course.

It never died on me lol. But it kinda misses at idle so it bounces a round. And Yes it is raised. Needed to be.

·
39,045 Posts
I don't get it, how are so many people are having idle issues?
Mine idles just fine and to the number set in Osiris. My car even does the whole idle decrease while warming up. So if you're not idling right, something is wrong.

Also, it shouldn't take weeks to learn how to idle. Mine took maybe two days, but then again, I used Nissan Data Scan to do my idle relearn so I don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I don't get it, how are so many people are having idle issues?
Mine idles just fine and to the number set in Osiris. My car even does the whole idle decrease while warming up. So if you're not idling right, something is wrong.

Also, it shouldn't take weeks to learn how to idle. Mine took maybe two days, but then again, I used Nissan Data Scan to do my idle relearn so I don't know if that makes a difference.
What cams and compression do you have? And it idles fine. But like I said once in a whike it'll shut off coasting to a stop at times. It's only happened 3 4 times since the relearns

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
What are your short term fuel trims reading at idle?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
You may not have driven it enuf for long term fuel trims to register. You mite be at max short term or close to. This would cause it to die at idle sometimes

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

·
39,045 Posts
What cams and compression do you have? And it idles fine. But like I said once in a whike it'll shut off coasting to a stop at times. It's only happened 3 4 times since the relearns
Stock cams and compression.
I know that once you start messing with those things, idle tends to be weird, yet acceptable.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Installed some 2j rad and heater hoses.
Also got my toyo r888s mounted on a set of oz racing 17x8 rims
Also installed some quick releases on the front bumper

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Needs a turbo :troll:

With a powdercoated red compressor housing.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Needs a turbo :troll:

With a powdercoated red compressor housing.
That it does in due time tho. just meet someone today that does hydro dipping and I can't remember the name but it's like powder coat except better

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
I know what it is. Pretty cool. Don't think that'll hold up to turbo heat (don't actually know, but doubt it), but you could do it to some other parts. It's like a chemical/water released image transfer. People do it on guns and all kinds of stuff. Seems relatively durable I guess but seriously doubt it's comparable to powdercoat durability.

Thought about hydrodipping the wheels on the Datsun in honeycomb in honor of the Honey Bee version of the b210 but I probably won't ever actually do that.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I gotta ask him if he can do a hood lol

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
I gotta ask him if he can do a hood lol
Hood is a big as part but they probably could do it.

Take back what I said before. Never looked into heat resistance of that stuff. What I just saw says can withstand 300°C which is pretty awesome lol. Way better than I expected

101 - 120 of 148 Posts