A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Kazspec04 04 b15

18K views 147 replies 9 participants last post by  Kazspec04 
#1 · (Edited)
Well here we go finally. Have an 04 spec v. I've had it for about 3 years maybe more. I've wanted one since they came out while I was in highschool. Just did my first motor swap in it couple weeks ago. I put a built motor in and plan on goin boost. I'm currently in the process of acquiring a turbo kit.

Mods so far

Boosted on August 17 2017
Custom manifold and downpipe, tial wg, hks bov, tr8 intercooler and 2.5" piping, 850cc injectors, Garrett gt3076r bb water and oil cooled, 4" intake

Motor - low compression pistons, K1 rods, B16 crank, Bc stage 2 cams, bc valves and titanium retainers, Bsr kit, lower temp thermostats, and a 2j Ps pulley 2j rad and heater hoses

Transmission- 03 spec v transmission, spec stage 3 clutch, 2j 14lb flywheel, 2j sts and bushings, 2j v2 shift knob

Suspension- Bc 9k coilovers, Nismo fsb, rsb, and strut bar, 4pt trunk bar, 4pt tanabe front brace, 2j 15mm alks, 2j crossmember bushings, weapon r torque damper, tdmi qt link, tdmi hard race control arm bushings, 2j solid motor mounts

Exhaust- 2j 3" v3 resonated midpipe
2j 3 " Medusa catback

Brakes- 300zx bbk 12.75" rotors
Brembo rears

Misc.- greddy ad panel, 2j rad cap, 2j dress up caps, complete 02 spec v interor, 2j 20mm spacers all around,2j 82mm studs. Grounding kit, 2j yellow fogs, 02 spec rims custom painted now on 17x8 et35 5zigens
With 255 40 azenies

I'm sure there more can't think of it all now but there will be more to come. Pics will be added soon also

Cpl months after I got her bone stock

How she sits currently

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
:gives::sucks:
:troll:

:lmao: JK

WHERE'S THE PICS?!,!??! :pics:
:troll:

#3 ·
There some pics for you. Was waiting for someone to post something so I could do it threw Tapatalk. It's just easier that way

#4 ·
Looks slow :troll:

#6 ·
#5 · (Edited)
Flame Videos!!!!!!!!!

Do It Myself!!!! :eek13:

#11 ·
Just because I Won't drive it doesn't mean I can't drive it faster than your VQ if I feel like it! :drive: :troll:

#13 ·
U say that, let's run them from a dig

#14 · (Edited)
lol
in the 300hp catogory
i find they turn the approx same times
vq 316hp @7.83
qrtaf 325hp@7.9
at the same slippery track paradise

vq on slicks
qrtaf on 275/40 r 888s

only at 360 hp and above
will imo beat the vq in the 1/8

qrtaf just doesn't have that forward cylinder bank, which loads the front end
giving the vq an advantage in 60ft times
imo

#15 ·
with that logic, we should be able to add weight to the front end for the quarter milers and they should be able to get better traction.... or would the extra weight slow it down? I would think that for the same hp, the added weight will keep it from spinning a bit...might be something to think about, add 50-75 pounds of lead to the front frame rails?

#17 ·
at one time i filled the front bumper guard with concrete
used 37-60lb batteries

then i switched tactics
raked it nose down to get 60% of the weight on the front end
used 23" slicks and 26" tall rear tires in addition

and lightened the battery to 11 lb
this helped na

but the turbo is different
and may need more weight up front

there is little difference imo
in dropping boost and power in 1st to gain traction
and adding 30lb to the front end

fill the water reservoir [spray] adds 6 lbs to front end
use the heaviest battery that fits

but doing this on a good track
immediately broke the stock axles at 360hp and 370 ft lb tq

but mighta gone into the 1.6s for 60 ft
at a good track

#19 ·
mine weights the same with the vq as it did with the turbo setup, even a local who had a vq swapped weighed in a 2550

#22 ·
the one i went to was like that with the +/- 20

#30 ·
Yes full interor some tools and odds and ends in the trunk too

#37 ·
Yey!!! Kaz has a build thread!
Pics of the motor swap would be good to post up too!
Maybe even some before and after of under the hood...
Great job any how! Seen most of the pics and vids already!!

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

#38 ·
Installed my plx wideband cpl days ago. No comments on how I have it mounted its temporarily til i order a new pod holder.

Reactions: shanover
#40 ·
Also here's some pic of doin the swap to the built motor.
Old motor

New built motor and transmission

Reactions: shanover
#41 ·
Also installed my tanabe 4pt brace

#57 ·
shoot after the autocross events my wife and i r both wiped out when we get home, getting thrown around in the car wears her out lol

#59 ·
Here is my step dad and I getting ready to go to the start line at the last event lol

#61 ·
heck yea its a freakin blast and doesnt break the bank for a fun driving experience

#63 ·
just showing how much fun he could have autocrossing lol. cant wait to see that beast motor on boost lol. i have a feeling it will be fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.