A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A while back in NC I did a variant of the knock relocation on a B16 Spec that had some issues and was still running 'fine'. For those that don't know, the B16 Spec's had a sensitive knock sensor too at around the same sensitivity or worse though I don't remember. The guy told me it ran better and though I didn't get a chance to verify much I no clue what happened due to him moving.

All I did was mount the knock sensor backwards on its original location with a shouldered bolt or a washer. Below is an example.

There is enough room behind there to compensate for the harness, I had suggested this multiple times on Allsentra but I don't think there was any takers and I may have suggested it here but regardless here it is in all.
I will hopefully be running it like this soon when ever I get the new ATI damper, but if anyone else wants to try and see if its better than the relocation by all means as I believe it will be a better solution overall.

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dyno'd the car and had extremely consistent pulls with the knock sensor mounted in the reverse/backward mounting with only modifying the tune that was already on the car. With that, driving the car before and after the dyno, consistent response...this seems better that running a grounding wire and having the sensor hang or bundled some where.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Thats wild man. How would that ever work better?

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not sure about it working better, but more the same.

Overall intent is to remove the knock sensor's surface from the block itself and we are still using a bolt for grounding the signal. The plastic housing is also acting like a spacer.

I know it works, I just think it's a better/ simpler solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts