A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok , so read on an other forum that the B13/14 KYB AGX's would fit on our B15 chassis, and the rear B14 KYB AGX's would fit on our rears. Has anyone done this before?? Before the Search Nazi comes out, I've already performed search on the forum to no avail, and hardly anything on Google....I have a set of Nismo springs that I was going to place on a set of KYB GR-2's...but from what I've read the GR'2 are no good...is that for extreme drops? (1+ inches??...the nismos are a .8 and 1" rear and front) So was looking for an alternative

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just use Koni inserts with those Nismo springs
For Koni inserts I need the stock struts correct? I cannot use the Nismo ones

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct. I have koni's with GC coils now and the rear are blown. so i am interested in this. I would replace them with AGXs.
That's the thing, does anyone know if we can use B13/B14 chassis AGX's on our B15? AGX's were never made "specifically" for the B15....

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's the thing, does anyone know if we can use B13/B14 chassis AGX's on our B15? AGX's were never made "specifically" for the B15....
I have read that the rear work, the shock body is just a little longer. which could cause bottoming on lower cars. Im not that low so im not too concerned.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have read that the rear work, the shock body is just a little longer. which could cause bottoming on lower cars. Im not that low so im not too concerned.
Hmmm I have only a .8" drop in the rear (Nismo)...I want to see if the fronts works. Which rear works? The B14 or B13?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hmmm I have only a .8" drop in the rear (Nismo)...I want to see if the fronts works. Which rear works? The B14 or B13?
I heard B14 rear only. I actually just ordered them and they will be here on the 28th. i can report back on installing them on my Spec V.

No clue If the fronts work or are adaptable... you can just get some stock ones in a junkyard and do koni inserts.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard B14 rear only. I actually just ordered them and they will be here on the 28th. i can report back on installing them on my Spec V.

No clue If the fronts work or are adaptable... you can just get some stock ones in a junkyard and do koni inserts.
Ok cool beans, let me know how they are...I may have some stock ones laying around some where

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok cool beans, let me know how they are...I may have some stock ones laying around some where
So I got the B14 AGX in and they look like a direct swap. i dont have a stock strut to compare to but i can take measurements and such if anyone wants them.

Waiting for it to warm up a little bit, the north east sucks this time of year, and i will document my install along with some 2J trailing arm bushings..... hello rotation! hopefully.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I got the B14 AGX in and they look like a direct swap. i dont have a stock strut to compare to but i can take measurements and such if anyone wants them.

Waiting for it to warm up a little bit, the north east sucks this time of year, and i will document my install along with some 2J trailing arm bushings..... hello rotation! hopefully.
Yes if you can take some measurements please...now to find out for the fronts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hmmm i could use something like that. Thinking about getting some for the rear since with my current setup (kyb struts on swift springs) does pretty good overall but i wouldn't mind some rear adjustment. (I could live without front adjustment for now).

So direct swap and put my swift springs on?

·
Registered
91 Posts
B14 agx front have a little less travel than the koni inserts in stock struts. Work great with GC coil over. 350lb springs all around and plenty of damping adjustment for daily driving and some autox.

Cost wise, you could build this setup for about $650 making it reasonable if you are slightly diy inclined and didn't have the loot for bc's.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts