A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on sentra forums for awhile dating all the way back to thevboard. Been on b15u for a few years too. Had the sentra since it was new in 2003 and it has never given me any major headaches. She's still in the family but i sold it to my aunt.

Here's the link to the old sentra: http://www.b15u.com/threads/16157-L-E-Sentra-2003-2-5-LE-Sacramento-CA-**Update-9-30-12**

Basically i needed a better car on gas and went the prius route. Put 26k on her the first year i had her and don't regret buying it. tried to keep the modding bug from hitting me, but i can't leave well enough alone.

now onto the new dd. She's been great. averaging high 40s in mpg but i cant leave a car stock.

over the weekend installed: Cusco fstb, Tein Basis coils and enkei rpf1 17x8 +45 gold wheels with hankook tires.
stock

cusco fstb

tein coils

Enkies w/muteki lugs

future plans are tint, rsb and modellista ver. 3 front lip. that should be a pretty good dd for me.

obviously the car isn't the fastest thing on the road but that's not its purpose. it gets me to a to b, and now i feel like it's finally starting to represent me.

also have a 07 honda cbr600rr to go fast on :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Another Automagic Sentra gone:mad2: Congrats on the new whip tho...didn't see those mods coming either, nice work:2:

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Interesting.
Looks cool. Wish it was a b16 lol but hey....

I was very impressed when I drove a Prius. Maybe surprised is a better word. Actually drive ride amd handle much better than people would think. Only weird thing to me was the double braking feeling from the regeneration system.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The braking, engine cut off and transmission are the biggest things to get used to. it's very weird for me to have an engine cut off when i'm cruising to a stop.

i will say it handles (for a prius) much better and flatter. it's not omgracecar but a big improvement.

and snoop, the sentra is still in the family. i get to do the maintenance on it, so it'll be around .

·
39,045 Posts
I understand the move to the hybrid.

But wouldn't those mods hurt the mpg's of the prius?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, yes they did.

i dropped about 3 mpg and am only averaging 46-47 per the computer.

i told you, i can't leave well enough alone :)

·
39,045 Posts
yes, yes they did.

i dropped about 3 mpg and am only averaging 46-47 per the computer.

i told you, i can't leave well enough alone :)
I'm just waiting for you to boost it....

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
I'm just waiting for you to boost it....
That would be so hilarious and I would speculate damn near impossible without some serious engineering skills to make all the systems of that car get along.

·
39,045 Posts
That would be so hilarious and I would speculate damn near impossible without some serious engineering skills to make all the systems of that car get along.
It's easy..
Get rid of all the hybrid shyt, including batteries and boost the fuc out of the actual engine.

It will be light as fuc and might put down over 200 hp.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not rich.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
People have built insane Prius's but specifically what you're saying would be quite complicated and require some engineering solutions. You can't just remove the hybrid stuff. Not so simple

·
39,045 Posts
People have built insane Prius's but specifically what you're saying would be quite complicated and require some engineering solutions. You can't just remove the hybrid stuff. Not so simple
I watch Top Gear. Jeremey's method is to rip everything out.... That's my approach.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm more surprised no one has removed everything and put a solid motor in. since it's so slippery, i'm sure it'd be of some use with a high revving motor in there

·
39,045 Posts
i'm more surprised no one has removed everything and put a solid motor in. since it's so slippery, i'm sure it'd be of some use with a high revving motor in there
Now we're talking.

Put in a boosted, built KA in that bytch. You'll surprise the FUC out of the person next to you.....:lmao:

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
:lmao: I am loving @SoundEfx's new catch phrase

1 - 20 of 32 Posts