stock bearings.jpg
old piston skirt.jpg
stock rods.jpg

Reactions: ash

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Whelp, got the official word that they were just scratches on the cylinders. Ordering pistons next week so she can get bored and ready for assembly. Going with wiseco 10.5:1 pistons and K1 rods. I'll measure it out before assembly but I imagine after decking the block it'll push it closer to 10.8:1 or so but we'll see.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you are going to keep the stock sleeves I wouldn't bore it and if the deck is 100% straight don't deck it either ;-)

·
Registered
908 Posts
just saw Joe's new short block

an Na motor
with sleeves

it's a very high rpm motor
[long rods, short pistons]

sometimes, i think i have a general idea of what works
guess not
You mean what the QR25 should have been...lol

Any idea on output??

·
Registered
908 Posts
Whelp, got the official word that they were just scratches on the cylinders. Ordering pistons next week so she can get bored and ready for assembly. Going with wiseco 10.5:1 pistons and K1 rods. I'll measure it out before assembly but I imagine after decking the block it'll push it closer to 10.8:1 or so but we'll see.
Three years of boost and it's that clean!!
But how was it driven?

Subscribed btw

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If you are going to keep the stock sleeves I wouldn't bore it and if the deck is 100% straight don't deck it either ;-)
To address this, when I got into the accident, it broke off the lower bolt hole for the front motor mount. That being said after this year, this block is scrap. So i wanna deck it just to get a fresh surface and get a little more squeeze in it. As far as the bore goes, I had the machine shop just do a light hone to see how rough of shape the cylinders were in and they were pretty shadowed. I'm only gonna go like 450whp on it and it realistically only needs to last a few months. I think I'll be alright.

Three years of boost and it's that clean!!
But how was it driven?

Subscribed btw
I beat the shit outa my car lol. But I also maintain the shit outa my car. It's been a summer only car for a while and I run 20w-50 oil to keep a good cushion for the bearings.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Got the k-member mounted. The rear mounts are just temporarily bolted, need to devise a more permanent solution but am gonna ponder that a while so it's not half-assed. Also got the suspension mocked up to test fitment. Only needed small modifications to fit it. Only thing that sticks out immediately to me is the wheel base appears to be a bit wider with the b15 stuff. Noticeable to the naked eye at least. I thought the specs were close but maybe not, I'll double check that outa curiosity

suspension mock up.jpg
kmember mockup 3.jpg

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Nice man, moving along. And wide stance is good
Agreed, just wanna make sure I can fit a decent size tire under the fender. It'll be figured out just a small speed bump ;)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Should just take a little bit of fender rolling
After further research the b15 is 4.1 inches wider than the b13. Not to worry though!

tire fitment.jpg

Reactions: yogi b

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yea, a stock size one would for sure. But no 245, no care! lol there'll be plenty of room to play when I'm done!
I'll be pretty stoked to line up next to ya trav!!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Last one for tonight.
Got everything stripped outa the engine bay and ready to start prepping for paint. Hopefully I can keep all 4 wheels on the ground after I get done making THIS engine bay look sexual lol

eng paint prep.jpg

Reactions: yogi b

·
Registered
908 Posts
Looks nice!! Just don't make the mistake my buddy made....cleaning for the ground contacts. Lol.

Spent a week stripping and painting his bay on his talon. Put it all back. Wire tucked. And no starty lol.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
nice cant wait to see the finished product

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Looks nice!! Just don't make the mistake my buddy made....cleaning for the ground contacts. Lol.

Spent a week stripping and painting his bay on his talon. Put it all back. Wire tucked. And no starty lol.
:facepalm: lol

21 - 40 of 901 Posts