Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Engine bay all cleaned up ready for sanding

eng paint prep 2.jpg
eng paint prep 3.jpg

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Set the engine in today just to see where things sit and roughly how I'll need to do the passenger side engine mount. Sure would be easier if all my tools weren't at work!!

engine mock up.jpg

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Got the MS3X shipped out to Darsondriss today. Getting a few things added to it so that I can enjoy some new features.
Adding:
Ethanol Content Input
VSS Input for boost by gear
Tableswitch Input
Tach output
Alteration to IAC circuit to permit a stepper motor IAC
Datalog Input
External MAP Input

Won't be using all of them this year but eventually will be incorporated.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Decided to create an ongoing list of major modifications I needed to do to make this swap work for others to reference. This list is in no way a how-to but should eliminate most questions. Keep in mind it will continue to change as I progress more and figure out better ways of modifying things. I'll list everything at the bottom of the 1st post.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Slammed in the trans last night. This weekend will consist of figuring out a good way to bolt the side mounts to the frame rails. Everything fits pretty nicely

Trans mockup.jpg

Reactions: JEF and yippzter

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
@L8YBUG: hey I got some bc 10k's all around for the b13 if you still got the coils for the b15... long shot I know

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
yeah

- - - Updated - - -

shits fresh out of the box never used

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So, finding carbon fiber stuff for this car is next to impossible. There was a limited hood/trunk run thru Seibon a while back that may or may not have some left over. Other than that I only found a hood thru deftracing.com and their price was 420 bucks! I was pretty stoked to see that, up until I clicked on it and they charge 165 bucks for shipping lol. That puts it up over the cost of a VIS one.. Oh well!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just had our sales guy order up my pistons, rods, and mainstuds today!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Lol i'm only having him bore it. I'm doin assembly. I'll drop a word with him to get crackin on yours tho ;) @raysh

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Made a couple brackets to mount the B15 steering column tonight. Simply used some 18ga stainless sheet metal, provides a nice sturdy mount and still retains the ability to adjust the column up and down.

Steering shaft mounting 2.jpg
Steering shaft mounting.jpg

Also have the engine bay almost completely sanded for paint. Still gotta finish up the firewall and passenger fender/strut area.

eng paint prep 4.jpg

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Whoop whoop! Car parts came today! Just got my MS3X back from getting a few extra functions added to it!

MS3X.jpg

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
More racecar parts today! Wiseco 10.5:1 pistons and ARP mainstuds arrived!

Pistons.jpg

Reactions: yogi b and ash
41 - 60 of 901 Posts