A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
881 - 900 of 922 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V
656 Posts
looks good cant wait to see what this thing will do.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #882 ·
So... got any pictures of what you've been working on over the last year?
I'd been streamlining VisionOneRacing.com and getting the shift selector springs and detent kits stocked up. Working on some other products as well, namely a race bearing solution for the connecting rods.
Was able to get the first carbon bumper pulled from the mold and just gotta finish up the fender molds.
And most recently nearly finished up this customer's build who wanted a forward facing turbo kit with a PTE6262, backdoor intercooler, built engine with custom 90.5mm pistons, L19 head studs and V1R rod bearings, rebuilt trans with Synchrotech carbon synchros... the works!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #886 ·
What are your plans for cutting it for the turbo to get air?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
It'll be cut, I'm not worried about that lol. Just a hole (maybe velocity stack) for the turbo and maybe half of the front recess for the IC

Reactions: mirrortints

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #889 ·
Makes me wish I had a b13 even more now
Shiiiiiit the car was the cheap part! Lmao... only cost me $400 for the chassis... $20,000 ago lmao

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #891 ·
Deeper into the 9's we go! Pulled quite a bit of power out of her this weekend to focus on the short track.
The result: Got my first 1.5xx 60ft (3 of them to be exact), followed by a couple 4.4xx 330's
The car STILL trapped 150mph with 7psi less boost
And she set a new record of 9.86 with plenty of steam left in her.

Later in the weekend I managed an even better 1.58 60ft but had to abort the pass. Learned A LOT this weekend and look forward to bringing those numbers down even more. It's not far off from being a consistent 9sec car!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Lucky you..by me for a clean chassis is like $4,000….if I could only go back in time
Tough part is, you cant look at local forums, sales. Best way is to just feelers out and you'll find 1-2 people willing to part ways.

There's a B12 1990 sentra for sale in southern VA for about $750 right now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #894 ·

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
@L8YBUG Major props right now. Thats pretty wild. So beautifully made.

Make me a an oem CF hood!

I wanna see this run. Ever consider Imports vs Domestics at MIR? I think you could be pretty competitive.

Reactions: L8YBUG

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #896 ·
@L8YBUG Major props right now. Thats pretty wild. So beautifully made.

Make me a an oem CF hood!

I wanna see this run. Ever consider Imports vs Domestics at MIR? I think you could be pretty competitive.
Appreciate the kind words. Figuring it out slowly but surely. With my current MPH I'd like to get a 9.5XX or quicker before turning it up.
Been having head gasket issues beyond 27psi so we pulled some timing out and keeping the boost low for now.
This last outing it went round after round without a hiccup and kept getting quicker each pass. Feel like I'm finally getting it dialed in.

As far as WCF goes, it'd be fun but I'm in no way quick enough to be competitive there. 62mm bump spot is usually very low 9's or even 8's these days.
Simply won't be able to touch that with a stock trans

Reactions: un33dit and Tritton

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Appreciate the kind words. Figuring it out slowly but surely. With my current MPH I'd like to get a 9.5XX or quicker before turning it up.
Been having head gasket issues beyond 27psi so we pulled some timing out and keeping the boost low for now.
This last outing it went round after round without a hiccup and kept getting quicker each pass. Feel like I'm finally getting it dialed in.

As far as WCF goes, it'd be fun but I'm in no way quick enough to be competitive there. 62mm bump spot is usually very low 9's or even 8's these days.
Simply won't be able to touch that with a stock trans
time 4 a dog box..I may be interested in that if my shit don’t go boom

·
Super Moderator
6,579 Posts
I love the whine of the dogs....

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Go hard or go home 🤟

881 - 900 of 922 Posts