A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I wanted to start this thread up for strictly discussions about the Vq with Nitrous.... Thoughts about it? Lets talk

Whats req?
Do we need internal mods? If so what kinds?
Whats would be the best setup/shot size?
Does the Vq love Nitrous like a fat girl loves cake?

I contemplated setting up the Vq for Nitrous before, maybe Pro Efi standalone, with a 2 stage 100 shot/wet, with direct port with a E85 setup?

·
Registered
547 Posts
nitrous is how vq sentras can get out of their own way.

but seriously 150 shot is fine with a fuel pump on a single nozzle.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, im sure the Vq can handle the spray. Not really wanting to do a 150 shot, that might be to much but I could be wrong. I was thinking with my current setup running what I said above should show some good numbers on the 1/4 mile. I would say low 11 maybe breach into the high 10's with a good 60foot

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yea, there numerous vq swaps that run 12s. Suspension and driver mod is keeping everone else from hitting it.

Op, I would run more than 100 shot to be safe unless you plan on going big and tuning for it

·
Registered
547 Posts
i sprayed the fuck out of it. i made up my shots that ended up with a good afr. 160-170 ish shot on highway runs with a single fogger with a button only

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I did I would want to do it in atleast 2 stages, maybe 75 at mid 3rd, and the other 75 to kick in around mid of 4th.... but if it can run all day on a 150 no problem then its game on.. lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
i wouldnt say all day. i was attempting to blow the motor before the build and it didnt end up ever going bad. i ran the 150 a lot but the higher shots only about 10 times and small bursts

·
Registered
75 Posts
i wouldnt say all day. i was attempting to blow the motor before the build and it didnt end up ever going bad. i ran the 150 a lot but the higher shots only about 10 times and small bursts
So the stock motor though without a standalone ecu or any other big internal mods can handle a 150 shot? Lightly in small burst as you said (honestly can't imagine needing prolonged use of a 150 shot on vq spec)

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
a lot of people have used 100-125 shots with no problem [single nozzle wet kit]
direct injection on the stock intake is somewhat tedious

a progressive controller is hell on solenoids but would help the motor to survive larger shots

a two stage system with a 50 -100 shot variance would work imo
you could use two of the smaller single nozzels like this

or a dual nozzle like this
Nitrous Express Next Generation Nitrous Oxide Systems SX2 NOZZLE WITH FITTINGS

you could use vp fuels street blaze
an unleaded race gas available at many tracks for 8 to 9 bucks per gallon
in your reg tank

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MMM E85.... I got one gas station every 5 miles around here with that shit.. :), Thats why I want the Pro Efi cause it has the Flex fuel sensor, so you can mix 93 and E85 and the computer detects it and changes everything accordingly :) so sweet

1 - 20 of 41 Posts